The 2021 Half Century (50km or 50m) a month challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Lots of 'stuff' going on so really wasn't sure how to get this month done. Had to take the 'van for a new fridge to be replaced under warranty which meant a trip to Southampton, so stuck the bike on. New fridge was going to be 2.5 hours, so I ambled around and about. Saw lots of folks with rucksacks and sleeping bags, tents and so forth. Only twigged it is the IOW festival this weekend when I got nearer the port. Miles done, and only 3 months to go.

fatjel

Veteran
Rubbish cold for a couple of weeks so feeling even weaker than usual. Managed to get it done and only 3 to go

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Last edited:

Domus

Guru
Been ill for almost 4 weeks, nausea, runny nose, aches and lethargy. Last ride was August 29. Missed the FNRttC Blackpool ride but have just managed 4 of 5 days on a Cheshire tour to get my September rides in, hotels were booked and paid for so thought why not. Had my railcard just in case. Bailed on the last day and got a train most of the way home. Still feeling unwell will post rides later. Thought I would miss out this month and spoil my record but muddled through. :wacko:

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Been ill for almost 4 weeks, nausea, runny nose, aches and lethargy. Last ride was August 29. Missed the FNRttC Blackpool ride but have just managed 4 of 5 days on a Cheshire tour to get my September rides in, hotels were booked and paid for so thought why not. Had my railcard just in case. Bailed on the last day and got a train most of the way home. Still feeling unwell will post rides later. Thought I would miss out this month and spoil my record but muddled through. :wacko:
I presumed you ruled out covid !! . Well done on muddling through ,hopefully you recovery full soon

Domus

Guru
2 negative tests

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Jan-Aug 9 points.

September 1 point, total 10!

I thought I might not manage a September 50k, but Mrs SnG said, “Take my car for MOT/service, I’ll have a relaxing morning, you go and get your 50k cycle.”
😂
So I did!
Chichester, Boxgrove, Aldingbourne, Westergate, Fontwell, Walberton, Yapton, Ford, Tillington, Arundel, Nyton, Aldingbourne Boxgrove, Westerton, Chichester.
All is good (for now!).
View attachment 610795
Well done . Hopefully the car past ,if not drop it off next week for a retest and you can get October's in :okay:

footloose crow

Über Member
Thanks for the reminder @13rider. Been away all month sailing; not great for the legs...feeling very unfit.

I only borrowed the boat.....

Managed a ride yesterday on my return. Truro - Perranporth - St Agnes - Truro which is just 42k so haven't yet qualified. Felt like hard work.... and it rained. Audax in Falmouth/Lizard (100k) tomorrow which may be a trial and will try to get one more ride in before end of month.

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
September's done, 58K Blaby -Countesthorpe - Wiloughby Waterleys - Ashby Magna - Dunton Bassett - Ashby Parva -Frolesworth -Claybrooke Magna - Monks Kirby - - Claybrooke Parva -frolesworth - Leire - Dunton Basett - Ashby Parva - Wiloughby Waterlys - Countesthorpe - Blaby

Still trying to run 200km plus a month - passed 200k on Thursday so out for a ride....somehow managed to completely forget my helmet so spent half the ride wondering if id leftit on a bench in Willoughby Waterlys...alas no Id left it at home!

Top Bottom