The 2021 Half Century (50km or 50m) a month challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Thanks, it was unfortunate to leave so late, but there you go, I’m not able to prioritise cycling as much as I would like.
but failing in the 11th month is still a success, and the year has been great because of this challenge…. I wish I could retire and have more time 👏😀
Thanks for your efforts, and kindness and support over the duration, and too from everyone else…. It’s a great place to be!
Yes 10 consecutive months is a success I didn't mean to belittle your achievement if that's how it came across .
Just editted my original post to read spot not stop re 2022

@13 rider no upset at all, didn’t even read your post that way!
I’m totally happy with my efforts, and really appreciate this thread as a motivational support, PLUS, I’ve enjoyed forcing those rides I had to do to try to complete the year….
Roll on 2022 😀👏👏

Willd

Veteran
Arrgh back to tights and taking ten minutes to get dressed :rolleyes: Tested out a new pair of shoe covers and could still feel my toes thirty miles later, so they're a success :cold: Had intended to do a fifty mile route, but opted for a flatter 50 km instead. Nice and dry though, still haven't put mudguards back on yet :smile:

Last edited:

footloose crow

Über Member
I did an indoor ride instead.....on the last day possible.

I had some rules: 100% gradient to trainer, so hills felt like hills, no drafting, no cheats, windows wide open and no heating, fan on full blast.

It was quite hard by the last 10k but happy to have at least tried.

Screenshot 2021-11-30 at 19.08.43.png

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
Over the line!
The ride today was one of the more taxing - I was on my heavier winter bike and the headwind was something else! It took me about half-an-hour longer than normal. But, it is done - I'm really chuffed to have achieved 72 consecutive months. Now all I need to worry about are Christmas presents. :whistle:
And I stopped for a photograph.

photo (12).JPG

Gibbo9

Veteran

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I was going to have a day off the bike, but the lure of the sunshine today was too much, even with a bit of a cold breeze. So that's December done and another year completed. Just my usual clockwise loop out to Westerfield & back but interrupted by a puncture which had to be fixed in a pub car park. Unfortunately I couldn't have a pint while patching the tube as I have to pick my stepfather up in a little while and drive out to meet my mum & sister for a meal after their afternoon out together.

Top Bottom