The 2022 Half Century (50km or 50M) a month challenge chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Approaching the last weekend so monthly recap time ,we have 30 riders fully posted up leaving 7 on the nudge list . The nudge list does include @biggs682 who is battling back from a bad accident but is back on his bike so wishing him all the best but warning him don't do to much just for this challenge please .
So the list , @Bazzer ,@bruce1530 ,@Milkfloat ,@PatrickPending ,@Chap sur le velo ,@biggs682 and @Slick who also has no May ride posted
Well done everyone posted up that's halfway already
Edit I can't count 8 on the nudge list forgot @Gibbo9
Yes I'm aware. Planned for last Sunday but the legs were not up to it.

Another evening point in the bag on a solstice spin with the Nuneaton boys around the local lanes. Set off at 1830 for a couple of hours, the temp much cooler than the intense heat of earlier in the day! A good turnout as well, better than most of the Sunday gatherings!!

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
Only just logged my ride from the 12th of June (been away) -

112Km Blaby - Wigston - Newton Harcourt - Great Glen - Little Stretton - Houghton on the Hill - Ingarsby - Keyham - Beeby -Hungarton - Lowesby - Marefield - Owston - Loddington - Alexton -Stockerston - Eyebrook Reservoir -Great Easton - Drayton - Nevill Holt - Slawston - Cranoe -Tur Langton -Kibworth -Fleckney - Arnesby -Peatling Magna - Peatling Parva - Ashby Magna - Wiloughby Waterleys - Countesthorpe - Blaby

Nice route - a few hills but I'm still getting up them ok haha

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Unusually managed a 2nd 50km ride yesterday. Van went to the dealers in Southampton so I ambled down along the coast from Sholing to Lee-on-the-Solent and beyond, getting very lost in Newtown just outside Gosport. All because a National Cycle Route sign was pointing the wrong way! Very frustrating, and with it looking like rain I retraced my steps back. My longest ride this year, which at a mere 38 miles and a bit is rather sad for me, the day of 100 mile rides seem a long time ago. Maybe a bit of focus and I can get myself back into the 100km territory this year.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Unusually managed a 2nd 50km ride yesterday. Van went to the dealers in Southampton so I ambled down along the coast from Sholing to Lee-on-the-Solent and beyond, getting very lost in Newtown just outside Gosport. All because a National Cycle Route sign was pointing the wrong way! Very frustrating, and with it looking like rain I retraced my steps back. My longest ride this year, which at a mere 38 miles and a bit is rather sad for me, the day of 100 mile rides seem a long time ago. Maybe a bit of focus and I can get myself back into the 100km territory this year.
Bad planning you should have booked the van in for today and July's would have been sorted :okay:.
Well done @bluenotebob first to post a July ride

bruce1530

Guru
Unusually for me, I got a 50 in early this month - I've been a "tail end Charlie" most months this year.

From home, headed up through the town then up the hill to the reservoir above Ardrossan. Some more farm roads and generally uphill until I met the Fairlie Moor road - going left here would have taken me up and over the moor, but I headed downhill into Dalry. Through the town and onto farm roads between Dalry and Beith. Continued on through Barrmill and Dunlop, stopping at the Dunlop Dairy farm shop for a refreshment. Highly recommended. The soup smelled great. I asked what it was; "Leek & Potato, but it won't be ready for 15 mins". So I made do with coffee & cake ^_^

Back via more farm roads to Torranyard, Kilwinning them home. 54k, with about 700m climbing.

Ridgeback Roller

Über Member
Couldn't join the club ride today due to other commitments, so I was out very early for an easy coastal plain cycle to bag a July banker.
Had to include an extra lap of Littlehampton on the way back to nudge just over the 50 miles.
Littlehampton East Beach Cafe , on the outward leg. It was quite a controversial design when first build, but now the raw steel finish has aged nicely and I think it looks great, ironically better from the car park view than the sea view.
IMG_20220703_061503882_BURST000_COVER.jpg

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
I'm up and running for July I'm away on holiday next week so a day off today was a chance to bank a 50km just did my standard Wymeswold loop . My next 50km may contain many Cornish hills oh the joys of 10%+ climbs
Technically I did a ride over 50km yesterday when I did 100km but have used that in the metric challenge thread and I like to do seperate rides for each challenge . I did this ride in the company of @tallliman who got his 50km ride for July so I thought I'd saved him the effort of posting

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Approaching the last weekend so monthly recap time ,we have 30 riders fully posted up leaving 7 on the nudge list . The nudge list does include @biggs682 who is battling back from a bad accident but is back on his bike so wishing him all the best but warning him don't do to much just for this challenge please .
So the list , @Bazzer ,@bruce1530 ,@Milkfloat ,@PatrickPending ,@Chap sur le velo ,@biggs682 and @Slick who also has no May ride posted
Well done everyone posted up that's halfway already
Edit I can't count 8 on the nudge list forgot @Gibbo9

Sorry, have been rubbish with admin. Have detailed a June and July ride in the thread.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
June's update ,we have 36 riders fully posted up . Unfortunately @biggs682 failed to recover enough from his accident to get a qualifying ride in but the main thing he's back on his bike and putting a few miles in while slowly getting back to fitness .
A good start to July with about a dozen of us with rides in already
Well done everyone and stay safe
I'm away on holiday next Saturday and will have limited internet but I will be checking in now and again

Domus

Guru
Friends in the Lotus 7 club were having a trackday at Three Sisters in Wigan so I went along to spectate on my bike. The usual high winds and showers were in evidence. I watched a session had coffee and Pain au Chocolat then made my way home via the guided bus way when the sun made an appearance. Still windy though. First July ride, 63 Kms. Still in. :okay:

Top Bottom