The 2023 Half Century (50km or 50m) Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Oh that's a shame @Gibbo9 , difficult month so much stuff going on

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
With the last unfortunate declaration in I can wrap up the 2023 challenge . We had 26 riders complete the challenge out of 32 starters so a success rate of 81%. Well done everyone who took on the challenge successful or not

Completing for the first time ,@Donger ,@Spartak and @UphillSlowly
2nd timers @geocycle ,@FrothNinja and @Ridgeback Roller
3rd timers @Chap sur le velo ,@C R and @Willd
4th timers @AndreaJ and @bluenotebob
5th timer @Jenkins
6th timers @ColinJ ,@Eribiste ,@kapelmuur ,@Osprey and @slow scot
7th timers @Bazzer ,@bruce1530 ,@Domus and @Saluki
8th timers @Jon George ,@Sbudge and @steverob
9th timers and the originals still spinning away @Spinney and me @13 rider

Again well done everyone . I hope you all enjoyed it ( mostly) and I wasn't cursed too many times as you pressed on to pass 50km ( Don't worry I have thick skin)
The madness has already begun for 2024 ,let's have another cracking year . We already have a few new sign ups so hopefully if you all come back we can have a bigger group starting out . Don't forget the more of you sign up the more work for me so you can get me back for all the encouraging (bullying) each year

Last edited:

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
With the last unfortunate declaration in I can wrap up the 2023 challenge . We had 26 riders complete the challenge out of 32 starters so a success rate of 81%. Well done everyone who took on the challenge successful or not

5th timer @Jenkins

Again well done everyone . I hope you all enjoyed it ( mostly) and I wasn't cursed too many times as you pressed on to pass 50km ( Don't worry I have thick skin)
The madness has already begun for 2024 ,let's have another cracking year . We already have a few new sign ups so hopefully if you all come back we can have a bigger group starting out . Don't forget the more of you sign up the more work for me so you can get me back for all the encouraging (bullying) each year

Today marks completion of my January 50K.

A pleasant ride down to Nailsea to meet a couple of friends in the Wetherspoons, The Glassmaker for breakfast, a very flat route along at least 80% cycle track into Bristol on the B2B and then cycle tracks skirting Long Ashton and Flax Bourton before following Route 33 into Nailsea. Lots of sunshine ☀ and lots of puddles too !!!

On the way back we also stopped at thd Bakehouse café in St. Phillips for coffee & cake.

Screenshot_20240105-131622~2.png

IMG-20240105-WA0001.jpeg

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Today marks completion of my January 50K.

A pleasant ride down to Nailsea to meet a couple of friends in the Wetherspoons, The Glassmaker for breakfast, a very flat route along at least 80% cycle track into Bristol on the B2B and then cycle tracks skirting Long Ashton and Flax Bourton before following Route 33 into Nailsea. Lots of sunshine ☀ and lots of puddles too !!!

On the way back we also stopped at thd Bakehouse café in St. Phillips for coffee & cake.

View attachment 717976

View attachment 717977
Try the 2024 challenge thread , 😁
Don't worry I've seen it and will add you in to this year's challenge
Seen it now in 2024 thread

Reactions: C R

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire

5th timer @Jenkins

I'm in for 2024! Did my first one today.
Thanks for the organising, @13 rider - this challenge is the only thing that's kept me cycling over two years of house selling, renting, house buying, moving... Last year, I did only one bike ride in addition to my monthly challenges. Once we get some warmer weather, I'll be trying to get more done - hopefully getting more than 12 points in 2024.

Top Bottom