The 2023 Half Century (50km or 50m) Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bluenotebob

Veteran
April summary

7 qualifying rides completed in April – 10 points added

Total points: 23

I’ve never racked up 10 points before in April so I’m pleased about that – and 23 points by 30.4 is also a personal record.

1173km cycled in April (3807km for the year to date) … slightly ahead of target so that’s fine.

I have kept up my record of cycling every day this year (120 days cycled/120 days elapsed). It’s meant getting pretty wet a few times but that’s April for you – and if lots of rain helps fill the local reservoirs, it can only be a good thing.

I’ve been struggling with a dental problem for the last couple of weeks or so and I’m about to embark on what will be a series of visits to the dentist. Hopefully that won’t derail my 100% record .. or inhibit my ability to add lots more points in this challenge in May.

I hope everyone has a great Bank Holiday Monday tomorrow!

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Im away on Holiday this week bike is with me but not sure I will get a quailifing ride in this week but technically Im in as Ive just rode 100miles from home to Shropshire
Update for April we have 28 riders fully posted up leaving 1 ride @Gibbo9 to post who does tend to post late so hopefully were all still in .
Well done @C R the first to post a ride for May
also well done to @bluenotebob for racking up the rides ,its is nice to see people join the challenge and start improving away and upping the mileage

Gibbo9

Veteran
Im away on Holiday this week bike is with me but not sure I will get a quailifing ride in this week but technically Im in as Ive just rode 100miles from home to Shropshire
Update for April we have 28 riders fully posted up leaving 1 ride @Gibbo9 to post who does tend to post late so hopefully were all still in .
Well done @C R the first to post a ride for May
also well done to @bluenotebob for racking up the rides ,its is nice to see people join the challenge and start improving away and upping the mileage

Still in and plugging away. A very good month last month with just over 900km covered on the bike, much of it with my partner who has really caught the cycling bug. Talk now about upgrading to a better bike, my wallet is cringing already. A few rides conducted to qualify but only posted the one.

Hope everyone is well and still enoying the cycling.

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
Took advantage of the weather to get this month's ride in and clear my mind about some grim health news of my oldest friend. I took these to prove that there's some sun-shine out there in Suffolk, folks!

Felixstowe 2.5.23 2.jpg

Felixstowe 2.5.23.jpg

Kirton 2.5.23.jpg

kapelmuur

Veteran
I’m wondering whether there are jinxed stretches of road, I’ve had very few punctures or mechanicals in the 12 years I’ve been cycling but 2 were on the same section of road In Normandy on holidays 3 years apart.
Now, on the lane near Wilmslow where I broke a spoke last week I had a catastrophic puncture on Tuesday. A large splinter entered through the tread and exited through the sidewall ripping it in the process.
While standing disconsolately at the side of the road a Good Samaritan in a white van stopped to offer me and the bike a lift home. So a happy ending.
A tough ride into the strong headwind today, my elderly legs are still protesting. I had a short rest to photograph an attractive polling station in Rostherne.
7928A66F-E7A0-4762-8FD0-479F13C767A8.jpeg
The

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Finally off the mark for May just my standard Wymeswold loop , I was away last week and didn't get a qualifying ride in due to not wanting to mess around family time and also because the area around Ludlow in Shropshire is hilly did a few rides and all averaged over 100 ft up per miles . Today's ride had 990ft of up in 31 miles that would have been 3100ft + in Shropshire

Spartak