The 2024 Half Century (50km or 50 mile) Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bluenotebob

Veteran
Count me in for this one and I shall enter the other as well

Don't forget that if you do enter the 100km/month challenge next year but, for some reason, miss a month and have to drop out - then you could move all your completed 100km+ rides into the 2024 Lunacy Distance challenge. That's the underlying rationale for that challenge - as a fall back.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I took a break last year. Put me down for 2024.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Count me in again. If I get out for a 100km in January I’ll sign up for that one as well this year. Just been out for a wet 25 miles which will be me done for 2023.
25 miles surely you could have pushed on for another wet miserable 6 miles 😞💦 to get a metric half in .
Only Joking 😂 respect for getting out

geocycle

Legendary Member
25 miles surely you could have pushed on for another wet miserable 6 miles 😞💦 to get a metric half in .
Only Joking 😂 respect for getting out
Was very tempted! Got to the point where the leggings, waterproof socks and jacket had reached saturation point, peeled everything off in the garage and then waived with embarrassment at MrS Gs friend who had come over for a drink!

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Bang and were off , congratulations to @Bazzer the first to post a 2024 ride closely followed by a new recruit in @Cathryn although I'm not convinced a MUG of Champagne is really a recovery drink .
I'm off the mark too with a nice 31.8 miler around the lanes towards Market Bosworth avoiding the flooded bits to keep my feet dry

Last edited:

Ridgeback Roller

Über Member
I'm in again for 2024 and also up and running with a 1st qualifying ride. It's another very mild day on the south coast, a bit blustery when I set off at 8:00 am but much calmer just a few miles inland. Roads are still very wet and muddy but at least the worst of the flooding seems to be over for the time being. Only had one flooded section to carefully negotiate. Stopped for an energy bar at the entrance to one of the many new vineyards that are being planted down here. Whatever Santa brought me for Christmas, he forgot a new pair of cycling legs - they felt very heavy and reluctant this morning !

Top Bottom