The 20p Question Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Got a haddock...

Another ownership question.
If a meteorite lands in your garden do you own it? Because the one that landed last week was given to the Natural History Museum.
I was wondering if the family could have made a fast buck and sold it instead?
I suspect you DO own it (just as you own any snow, hailstones or lightning that lands there).

Related question; can the panel confirm:
If space debris owned by some Foreign Power lands in your house/garden, it's still theirs, and you may not touch and/or examine it in any way.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
If space debris owned by some Foreign Power lands in your house/garden, it's still theirs, and you may not touch and/or examine it in any way.
No idea, but there's ususally a warning about hydrazine. Sounds like nasty stuff.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I suspect you DO own it (just as you own any snow, hailstones or lightning that lands there).

Where there are not specific laws governing such celestial matters, the general fallback is, rather strangely, maritime law. International law describes places that aren't within a nations boundaries as international waters, so space is in international waters . Therefore, I would suggest that it remains the property of the commies, but you have salvage rights and are entitled to a pay out if they want it back.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Here's one that puzzles me.

You have a ring, and it has writing or a symbol on it, perhaps "Mum".

Which way up do you wear it? So you as the wearer see it the correct wsy up, or so that other people see it the correct way up?

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
Here's one that puzzles me.

You have a ring, and it has writing or a symbol on it, perhaps "Mum".

Which way up do you wear it? So you as the wearer see it the correct wsy up, or so that other people see it the correct way up?
The same way as your Love / Hate hand tattoos.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Why do housebuilders fit radiators to external walls, and /or underneath windows, where the heat can escape? Do they have shares in British Gash?

houblon

Why do housebuilders fit radiators to external walls, and /or underneath windows, where the heat can escape? Do they have shares in British Gash?

When fitted opposite windows on internal walls, their circulating currents cause cold air to be sucked from the window and along the floor.

Top Bottom