The amateur meterology thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
Got my weather station in and working. Data can be viewed here...

https://app.weathercloud.net/#0554139278
Very cool! :okay:

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Thank you Mr Torch! Ive become very anal about the weather sunce it was installed.

Ive now used pressure data from the nearest airfield (Sywell) to calibrate mine and correctly adjusted the relative pressure offset. In other words, it should now be showing more or less the corrwct air pressure for my location and altitude.

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
Thank you Mr Torch! Ive become very anal about the weather sunce it was installed.

Ive now used pressure data from the nearest airfield (Sywell) to calibrate mine and correctly adjusted the relative pressure offset. In other words, it should now be showing more or less the corrwct air pressure for my location and altitude.

My only anxiety for you is it pretty much shows your exact location on the link?

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
The other half brought me a Casio watch the other day. It is a "Smart" watch. First one ive ever owned... It has a radar thing on it so i can see where the rain is and a barometer sensor built in. It's a nice toy. Nothing like your Bresser system mind. Looks interesting.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
It is strangely fascinating. I'm praying for some high rainfall, strong winds or extreme temperatures (or all at once!) so i can observe and measure it all.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Good news! My station has been awarded a Gold Star for wualitymon Wundergroundmmfor providing cosnsistent and high quality data for 5 consecutive days.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
So you don't have to do anything yourself- that's not in the spirit of meteorology Drago?

You do realise your neighbour 4 doors down is going to get a 'visit' for non-compliance from the Weather Girls as a result of your transgressions.

You should have a special glass cylinder marked off in mm and ml to measure the bottom of the meniscus level for the precipitation... a paper wind speed graph to tear off and a barometer to tap.

...and don't forget to wear your pith helmet when venturing to the bottom of the garden.

Last edited:

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
So you don't have to do anything yourself- that's not in the spirit of meteorology Drago?

You do realise your neighbour 4 doors down is going to get a 'visit' for non-compliance from the Weather Girls as a result of your transgressions.

You should have a special glass cylinder marked off in mm and ml to measure the bottom of the meniscus level for the precipitation... a paper wind speed graph to tear off and a barometer to tap.

...and don't forget to wear your pith helmet when venturing to the bottom of the garden.
I say, ding dong!

Top Bottom