The Armstrong/USPS doping thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I concur.

thom

____
Yeah but let's try not to go round in circles about stuff.
There will be new developments and its surely reasonable to share info but lets face it, the arguments themselves will be played out elsewhere.

Norm

Fill your boots with new stuff but I don't think anything new has come out in at least 2 weeks, let alone 'plenty' of it.

Even if there was anything new, it was lost in the slough of despair caused by repeating things which are nothing more nor less than pure speculation.

Norm

Is that news?

Norm

I'll move this thread into feedback, as I think that's what it is meant to be. It's not about racing anyway. Feel free starting a new thread in racing if something 'new' ever does appear.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I agree with Chuffy - this is far from over and it makes a lot of sense to have all the discussion concentrated intoone thread about this. What needs to be prevented is the proliferation of threads on exactly the same topic. But it was (and is) a bad idea to close the Armstrong thread (even if the OP agrees) just because there were a few unproductive posts (and largely by one particular member). Whether any one person likes it or not (and whether the moderators like it or not), this is the most important thing currently happening in pro-cycling.

So, Shaun / Mods - please reopen the Armstrong thread.

Norm

There was, IMO, very little discussion which was still happening after over 2,300 posts and I don't see a great deal of point in re-opening that particular thread as it would show little other than very few of the participants didn't partake in the "unproductive posts".

And, is Armstrong, someone who retired a couple of years ago, really the most important thing currently happening in pro-cycling? Not the Vuelta? Not the ToB? If there is anything current about this, it's not Armstrong, it is, as you say elsewhere, the only good thing which could come out of this and that is the politics which could see the UCI shut down or massively transformed.

There was, IMO, very little discussion which was still happening after over 2,300 posts and I don't see a great deal of point in re-opening that particular thread as it would show little other than very few of the participants didn't partake in the "unproductive posts".

And, is Armstrong, someone who retired a couple of years ago, really the most important thing currently happening in pro-cycling? Not the Vuelta? Not the ToB? If there is anything current about this, it's not Armstrong, it is, as you say elsewhere, the only good thing which could come out of this and that is the politics which could see the UCI shut down or massively transformed.

The problem with this thread (for me) is that the limitation to a single rider and team is avoiding some of the bigger issues that do affect the sport. Armstrong should be the key to investigating the sport at the tme as a whole, not just one rider and team

Take the "new revelations" form Vaughters. One of the riders named (Danielson) is a key to the whole article yet never actually cycled with USPS

lukesdad

4 threads locked on the Big Tex subject in 2 weeks, trying to remember the last time a thread was locked in racing. Tells us something I suppose. :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom