The Ashes 2015 - Spoilers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ganymede

Veteran
And play resumes... good.

The lasting impact of a defeat in the final match will prey on England for a long time tho. Gnashing of teeth and gazing at navels.

OP
OP
Dayvo

Dayvo

just passin' through
The lasting impact of a defeat in the final match will prey on England for a long time tho. Gnashing of teeth and gazing at navels.

No, I don't think so, but it will give them a bloody great kick up the arse.

Hopefully the new coach will get them to stop them believing that they are better than they really are. A bit of introspection and ridding of dead wood will put them on an even keel, but they have to look to the future and blood young talent, before their technique and shot selection has been ruined by the (money making) limited overs cricket.

Test cricket, unless played on bad wickets or under wet conditions, should last five days, not be over by the third.

Ganymede

Veteran
I think it's salutary for England to get spanked today - I'd like to see this young team getting better and not getting complacent (though tbh I'm not sure there's ever much room for complacency in English cricket. Or possibly any cricket...). Aggers was making much of Bell's diffidence about his future in his post-match interview but Vaughan seemed unconvinced and says he'll bat another day. Root getting lots of plaudits but I can't forget he was dropped for a duck at Cardiff and he hasn't done well in this match either - I love him but he's got to acquire solidity.

Nice words from Clarke too. Seems like it's been a really well-spirited series.

Thursday - Southampton - 1st ODI

England won the hors d'oeuvres - Good knocks by Morgan an Moeen - I thought Smith had done enough but the Aussies imploded a bit at the end

So today - more New Brave New World? Root is resting and is not there as a safety net - England will need more players to come to the party batting wise - Bowling wise Willey did all right and Stokes bowled well at the end - but overall they looked a bit lightweight in the ODI - Maybe with Wood back and assuming Woakes does the business they may be able to keep the Aussies in check

Top Bottom