The Ashes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Nothing to do with The Ashes but a couple of cricket related things have popped up in the last day or two.
Philip Neville of Man Utd and Everton fame was interviewed at the Old Trafford test yesterday by Aggers during tea. What a decent bloke he came over as and no mean cricketer himself. Self-deprecating and articulate - hoodathortit.
The other one is Barney Ronay's back page article in today's Guardian Sport - it's me to a tee, almost...
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/aug/08/england-cricket-france-holiday

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Nothing to do with the Ashes but FFS

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/31129033
Kevin Effing Pietersen on TMS

AndyRM

XOXO
I've always been a KP fan, so I suppose I'm a bit biased when I say give the guy a chance. Though I like him a great deal, Boycott is a similarly twattish figure for many and has descended into a cliche ridden parody of himself recently so he'd be the first I'd want off the commentary team.

U

User482

True, but at least MV has a sense of humour.

Actually I don't mind him, and you can see why he was a good captain from the insight he sometimes gives. Despite his massive ego, he does at least have a hint of self-awareness, which is more than can be said for Kevin "I've just slagged everyone off in my book but really want to play for England again" Pietersen.

U

User482

If he doesn't, that will be funny in itself.
I'm quite looking forward to him being gently wound up on air.
Should be good.

Have you heard Michael Owen commentating on the football? It's staggering that someone who played at the very highest level should know so little about the game.

OP
OP
thom

thom

____
Have you heard Michael Owen commentating on the football? It's staggering that someone who played at the very highest level should know so little about the game.
Have you heard TMS before?
It's radio show about cricket games where over the decades, the commentators have honed the art of taking the piss out of each other's egos.

The bigger they come, the harder they fall.

U

User482

Have you heard TMS before?
It's radio show about cricket games where over the decades, the commentators have honed the art of taking the mickey out of each other's egos.

The bigger they come, the harder they fall.
Yes, I listen to it quite a lot. I particularly enjoy Aggers' subtle winding up of Boycott, and the fact that he invariably fails to spot it. I expect they're likely to back off Pietersen though, to prevent an enflouncement.

Top Bottom