The Bassist and Guitarist thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I'm currently learning to play blues rhythm and lead, I had a crack some ten years ago now but then a baby came along and that rather stymied the practice time so I just stuck to pub cheese classics for a decade. Now my daughter is ten and is learning guitar herself, so I thought it was time I got back to learning something new.
It's lovely getting into to 12 bar and whacky 12/8 timings and triplets all of a sudden! Here's my main guitar, it's a Epiphone Sheraton from about 1996. I've also got a S+P acoustic which is 25 years old now, and also a Squier P bass.

20211210_213258.jpg

Last edited:

CanucksTraveller

IF,I do risk my interpretation of Senior Management saying "Do What You Want" being correct about buying a guitar, which do I buy/order?

Orange Stain G4320

View attachment 620523

OR.....................

Riviera Blue G2420?

View attachment 620524
The orange one is gorgeous, that one all day long. Plus that orange (and cherry red, and white) are very "Gretsch" colours. I like blue, but it doesn't scream "Gretsch" somehow.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I'm currently learning to play blues rhythm and lead, I had a crack some ten years ago now but then a baby came along and that rather stymied the practice time so I just stuck to pub cheese classics for a decade. Now my daughter is ten and is learning guitar herself, so I thought it was time I got back to learning something new.
It's lovely getting into to 12 bar and whacky 12/8 rhythms all of a sudden! Here's my main guitar, it's a Epiphone Sheraton from about 1996. I've also got a S+P acoustic which is 25 years old now, and also a Squier P bass.

View attachment 621449
You kept that very quiet Canucks :ohmy:

CanucksTraveller

You kept that very quiet Canucks :ohmy:
Oh it's nothing to shout about. I'm a basic guitar strummer who knows about a dozen chords and can manage to play rhythm on some of the well known "easy" songs. But I've now been doing that since I was early 20s and that's why I'm looking to stretch myself a bit. It's really fun to be learning something new and a bit more challenging.

One of the nice parts is that the course makes you listen to, and study blues standards to get the feel, so I get to sit with my headphones on listening to Big Bill Broonzy, T Bone Walker, and Buddy Guy while drinking beer, all under the guise of "learning". :laugh:

Oh and good luck and have fun tomorrow @Drago ! Break a leg, but don't break a string. ^_^

Last edited:

delb0y

Legendary Member
Had a punt at a metal bodied resonator guitar on the auction previously linked here that was held in Corsham on Wednesday. Alas my bid of £360 was dwarfed by the winning bid of £600. The strange thing is that you have to pay 26% fees on top of hammer price, so £600 + 26% puts the guitar in question way above the new price, and as they are available right now new, I don't understand why someone would buy used at that price. Hey ho. Trouble is I now have GAS for a resonator...

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Right, rather than carry spare strings I take 2 basses to gigs. tonight its the turn of my modded Harley Benton MB4 and my Geddy Lee Jazz. 4 sets, 2 sets each alternating, starting the the HB.

How HB do it for the money is incredible, but I'm glad they do. Binning off wholesalers and distributors saves 2 tiers of profit opportunity that us buyer get to keep.

Top Bottom