The Bassist and Guitarist thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Started building a PB. Going for gold hardware, tru oil finish, vintage oyster pickguard. I've various pickups and bits from previous projects somit shouldn't be too expensive.

Oxford Dave

Played along to a recording of the first Grateful Dudes gig I played (Hebden Bridge, 1st April 2018). Only 2 hours 40 minutes. Used the same Fender Jazz that I played that night, so at least it knew its way around.

Oxford Dave

I played along to a recording of our slot at the Summer of Love party 2018 this morning, 1 hr 45 mins as we had to start late as the previous band went on a bit ( as so often happens). Played my Sandberg Panther, it was last out of its case when we played in Camden early in February. It was still in tune!! It's far and away the best bass I've ever played, more natural than the Alembic I used at the festival I was listening to.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Just wondering if any you look at Davie504 on YouTube? He tends to put out some silly videos but is a very good bassist. Unbelievably he’s got 6.5 million subscribers.
He’s just had a new line of basses named after him by Chowny in the UK.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
No bass practice today. I've had a grotty headache all day and just don't feel good for it.

Seevio

Guru
Being a proper bass player, I only generally change my strings when they break or when I can no longer put up with the guitarist's nagging. I do however make an effort to replace them every 5 years or so whether they need changing or not. If I wanted to restring my instrument every time the wind changes I'd have taken up guitar.

My dilemma is that while my current strings are almost new (less than 3 years old), I have taken delivery of a rather splendid looking set of strings...
IMG_20200428_163025_2.jpg

Should I pimp my bass now and waste a perfectly good set of boring metal strings or should I wait for the natural replacement cycle?

Being a proper bass player, I only generally change my strings when they break or when I can no longer put up with the guitarist's nagging. I do however make an effort to replace them every 5 years or so whether they need changing or not. If I wanted to restring my instrument every time the wind changes I'd have taken up guitar.

My dilemma is that while my current strings are almost new (less than 3 years old), I have taken delivery of a rather splendid looking set of strings...
View attachment 518982
Should I pimp my bass now and waste a perfectly good set of boring metal strings or should I wait for the natural replacement cycle?
Ah, what the hell - change 'em!
:biggrin:

Top Bottom