The Bassist and Guitarist thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
And here it is...

delb0y

Legendary Member
I had a Gretsch once, though not a ten grand one. It was beautiful and for playing rhythm on Eddie Cochran tunes it had the perfect sound. But I sold it because the feedback issues on gigs was horrendous. I could usually find one point on a stage where it wouldn't feed back, and as long as I stood there and faced the right direction and didn't move it was just about all right...

Did this little one minute piece back in the day for a reason I don't recall any longer:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-MX26rOpZU

My Ibanez SR300E, lovely phat sound for banging out old disco and funk sounds

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Have you got 26 minutes to spare...? I just stumbled across this wonderful video. It is hypnotic to watch such a craftsman at work!

tchiks guitars and furniture said:
This is my third build guitar build, handcrafted in Brussels, Belgium.

I used wood from a shelf to make the body, not only because Brian May is my hero, but mostly because the build started in mid April 2020, as Belgium was in complete lockdown and my usual lumber store was closed. Making this guitar may look tedious (or stupid) to you, but this was my own personal therapy ...

MntnMan62

Über Member
Have you got 26 minutes to spare...? I just stumbled across this wonderful video. It is hypnotic to watch such a craftsman at work!

Pretty cool. My son plays the bass and he recently decided to take on a project. He bought a used Fender Squier P Bass, took it all apart, cleaned up the fret board and frets, bought a new nut, new pickups, pick guard and is rewiring it himself. He stripped the paint off the body and painted it a nice yellow. Not bright yellow but a mellow yellow (don't even think of going there :whistle:). As his father who understands about "value" having worked in real estate for 35 years, I think he overpaid for the used bass. I told him to keep track of every dime he spends on it so he can see what his total investment in it will end up being. Then he can decide if it was a worthwhile expenditure of funds. We'll see. But I have to say it's looking pretty good and I give him a lot of credit for diving into such a project. One thing he had to do was fill in the little nicks and holes in the body. I'm impressed as he's never taken anything like this on before. Great learning experience.

Top Bottom