The Bassist and Guitarist thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GM

Legendary Member
More progress.

View attachment 534957

Pickups from my JB which I removed when I upgraded to Entwistle's, re-magneted with neodymium jobs - the output is absolutely thumping loud! Chinese pickguard and screws from the slow boat, very nice pots from ebay, Chinese knobs, very hefty Ash body from ebay. So far I'm about 35 quid into it.

A quick glance at that, and I thought you were building an 8 string bass :smile:.....nice one looking forward to see it finished!

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
My replica 1968 PB neck has arrived. And lovely it is too. Quite chunky and squared off compared to modern necks, but it feels great in my big hands. Its had its first coat of Danish Oil, will get a 2nd later, then repro decals tomorrow.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Bit of advice required. As I mentioned earlier in the thread I lost a finger tip on my fretting hand not long after starting to learn the bass. I've seen a 3/4 size left hand one in a music shop and the guy has offered me a decent trade in on my full length R/H bass. I stand just over 6', would I have any problems with the shorter length? Bear in mind I'm starting from scratch again with the hand change.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm teaching Mini d the bass. She's 9 so I brought her a J&D 3/4 sized bass. I'm 6'4" with big hands and was surprised that I found it very easy to play, not at all cramped.

I take it you've read about Tony Iommi and his similar problems?

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Work on my '68 P bass replica continues apace.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
That’s absolutely brilliant @delb0y lets have some more.

Top Bottom