The Bassist and Guitarist thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I thought you might be using these @Drago :smile:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Don’t know if any of you watch Dave‘s World of Fun Stuff (he’s a luthier) on YouTube but he says he always uses Rotosound Swing Bass because they hold their tone and last the longest.

Don’t know if any of you watch Dave‘s World of Fun Stuff (he’s a luthier) on YouTube but he says he always uses Rotosound Swing Bass because they hold their tone and last the longest.
Let me say right now that no set of roundwounds will ever outlast a set of flats. Jamerson kept his LaBellas on until they broke with wear and rust, and they never threw him out of Motown...
No, if you like the tone of flats, then, no matter how much the outlay (eg Thomastik-Infeld TI344 Jazz Flats, bloody amazing if you like light and flexible, but havin'-a-giraffe prices*), they work out cheaper in the long run. The expensive bit with flats is trying all the different sets! Once you've settled, they're cheaper. Bit like M+ tyres...
*Made in Vienna, doncherknow...

Last edited:
There you go guy's, it's true....

View attachment 531148
We are far, far cooler even than Mum says.
:biggrin:

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I've daughter her the anatomy of the instrument and the names of the strings. Shes learning a few simple tunes, but demanded to be taught Sunshine of Your Love, so I'm busy working on teaching that to her.

Top Bottom