The Bassist and Guitarist thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

the snail

Guru
I think i might have been testing it incorrectly (beyond soldering speakers and leads, I know nothing about electrics)... with the tone pot swung all the way in one direction, i do get a beep from the tab and the sweeper, and swinging the knob all the way the opposite way, I get a beep from the other tab... but nothing in between (no idea if i should on a tone pot???).

I think it might be working but won't really know until I mount it in the body and wire in the pickup.
I think you might be trying to test continuity through the capacitor? A capacitor won't conduct dc current.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I think you might be trying to test continuity through the capacitor? A capacitor won't conduct dc current.
I knew that i'd not get owt through the cap... i just didn't think to swing the pot all the way to either side when testing

Cycleops

Legendary Member
At the risk of making this thread like Hello magazine.
So has fabled bass player and Pink Floyd co founder Roger Waters finally got it right?
At the age of seventy eight he's married his fifth wife Kamilah in New York. The rocker said to be worth over £300m said: 'Im so happy, finally a keeper'.

1634239218009.png

Gotta admit he looks pretty good for his age, not like a lot of bass players.:smile:

Jim Cardiff

I play (rather badly) 6 string (classical) acoustic, and for a bit of light relief, 5 string bluegrass banjo. The latter involves only the thumb, index and middle fingers of the R hand whilst wearing metal or plastic picks on each one. Most banjo sheet music is in tab only, which means it's easier when switching from normal musical notation on the guitar without getting in a mess with the hands on autopilot.
For those of you about to let rip with all the banjo jokes, I'm not listening bla bla bla bla bla

raleighnut

Legendary Member
At the risk of making this thread like Hello magazine.
So has fabled bass player and Pink Floyd co founder Roger Waters finally got it right?
At the age of seventy eight he's married his fifth wife Kamilah in New York. The rocker said to be worth over £300m said: 'Im so happy, finally a keeper'.

View attachment 613619

Gotta admit he looks pretty good for his age, not like a lot of bass players.:smile:
Better looking now than he was in the 70s

1634266915143.png

I play (rather badly) 6 string (classical) acoustic, and for a bit of light relief, 5 string bluegrass banjo. The latter involves only the thumb, index and middle fingers of the R hand whilst wearing metal or plastic picks on each one. Most banjo sheet music is in tab only, which means it's easier when switching from normal musical notation on the guitar without getting in a mess with the hands on autopilot.
For those of you about to let rip with all the banjo jokes, I'm not listening bla bla bla bla bla

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Setzer’s on another magazine cover

Only he could get away with a Gretsch that colour!

Top Bottom