The Bassist and Guitarist thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Rather expensive Lindy Fralin pickup and new tort pickguard fitted to the Squier 50's Classic Vibe. Now it really does look like it fell through a time warp from 1954, and sounds punchy yet somehow slightly mellow all at once. Tres pleasant.

The new late 50's Classic Vibe precision has also caught my eye. I'm not a turdburst fan, but one of those with the gold anodised pickguard does look rather saucy, and the typic nickel finihsed CV hardware always causes a swelling in the Y front region.

https://www.kennysmusic.co.uk/squier-fsr-classic-vibe-late-50s-precision-bass-maple-fingerboard-gold-anodized-pickguard-2-color-sunburst-p425/s425?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=squier-fsr-classic-vibe-late-apos-50s-precision-bass-maple-fingerboard-gold-anodized-pickguard-2-color-sunburst-393435&utm_campaign=product+listing+ads&cid=GBP&gclid=CjwKCAjwz5iMBhAEEiwAMEAwGE1orSM2cWFCYZHm8IHTMtt5XdTXjyjMkJZNqMBM8mEACcdeZV1PYhoCY_kQAvD_BwE

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Very nice @Drago . I wouldn't mind a Squire or a Fender but they won't send them down here :sad:.
Won't send Jackson, Charvel, Yamaha, Gibson or Epiphone either.
The thing about Fender is that they cover such a wide range of colours and styles you're always bound to find something that suits you.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Almost makes me want to go out and buy a banjo. Don't tell @DCBassman
Noooooooooo.....:sad:

Badger_Boom

Über Member
Almost makes me want to go out and buy a banjo. Don't tell @DCBassman
A few years ago a musicial friend was given a battered old banjo by a relative. He did some research while fixing it up and was mind boggled to discover that it was described in a contemporary advert as an ideal instrument to take to the trenches. One can only wonder at the reaction from his fellow soldiers when the original owner offered to cheer them up with a tune mid-barrage.

avecReynolds531

Veteran

Top Bottom