The Bassist and Guitarist thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Well, I'm keeping half an eye on the bassist wanted ads, although I expect I'll be too old for owt but pub bands and thr like, which'd be fine by me if I'm honest.

The beauty of being retired is the 90mins to 2 hours of practice I manage daily.

Well, I'm keeping half an eye on the bassist wanted ads, although I expect I'll be too old for owt but pub bands and thr like, which'd be fine by me if I'm honest.

The beauty of being retired is the 90mins to 2 hours of practice I manage daily.
Well, that band finished last NYE, a few days shy of my 66th birthday, so you've a way to go yet!
And as soon as a pianist is found, I'll be out playing again.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Last time I played in a band was in my final year at school. We called ourselves Lawrencium, because that was the heaviest metal in the world, which we fancied ourself as. In reality we were a Black Sabbath and Deep Purple covers band who played the youth club a few times.

In the new year I'll start shopping around for a band to join. Pub band is the level I'll aim for.

Last time I played in a band was in my final year at school. We called ourselves Lawrencium, because that was the heaviest metal in the world, which we fancied ourself as. In reality we were a Black Sabbath and Deep Purple covers band who played the youth club a few times.
Last gig i played was at Oxford University when i was 20, we were called 'Scratch 'n Sniff. We got £30.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
For a variety of technical reasons I haven't been able to do any recording recently, but now I've got Windows 10 loaded I can use my old Sonar Software. So I celebrated by doing a quick instrumental using a few different cameras and some cheapo video software. Discovered it's not a good idea to have each camera set up with different frame-rates and qualities, but a bit of random jiggery pokery and I got something usable.

Not much heavy rock widdling going on here, but this is my style:

View: https://youtu.be/Ub46Z-6LiMM

Cheers
Derek

Excellent - loved the ending !

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Not played today. Got backache. Been on the sofa with a hot water bottle. Been using the time to surf t'web for bits for my bass build in the new year.

Last edited:
Top Bottom