The Bassist and Guitarist thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
My new Fender strap arrived to finish off the P Bass.

delb0y

Legendary Member
We're working on a new remote gypsy jazz track, but no idea when we'll be playing live again. Was invited to do an outdoor, pay in advance, socially distanced gig next weekend - the pub had read all the government guidelines and were sure they could adhere to them - but the council said no. It's strange because I have seen some Facebook videos of pubs in other constituencies putting on similar. Maybe the mistake this pub made was asking for permission up front rather than forgiveness afterwards.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Have you tried one of the waist strap or waist harness systems, keep the weight off your back?

avecReynolds531

Veteran
Went well, musically. Physically? Time to hang it up, I'm afraid. My back will no longer tolerate such things. Stick to seated jazz gigs only...
:cry:
Sorry to hear this. It's a serious question: health comes first & some basses are horrendously weighty for 2+ hours standing.

I reckon this wasn't considered when the classic designs were created: factor in an SVT head with 8 x 10 cab, & it means an easy route for back trouble in the future.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Aye, my PB weighs a ton. Never had it kn the scales, butmits a serious boat anchor. Fortunately I'm a big old lump myself and it doesn't cause me a problem, but I can see how some folk would suffer.

Top Bottom