The beauty in the everyday....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Is that the coast path between Beer and Branscombe? We haven't done that route for years but me must do it again.

Yes it's just towards the end of the lower path that comes up from Branscombe beach towards Beer.

Looking back towards Branscombe.

Last year's winter storms have scoured away a lot of the pebbles so there's a lot more sand at low tide than you might recall.

The beach..
Looking a bit tropical in November :rolleyes:

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
This photo doesn't do justice to the tree, the parts where the bark have peeled off looked much pinker. Don't know the type of tree, I'd hazard a guess at a London Plane.

This is a close up of where the bark had come off. I've seen similar contours caused by tree worms but these are too precise.

Love the way the holly has taken root in the cleft of the dead tree.

And how about this for an impressive structure for climbers to scramble up. I'll definitely be trying this in my own garden.

All photos taken at the RHS Bridgewater.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
I've got a humungous pile here, well over 200 tonnes of local stable waste..

I'll nip our and check for steam rising the next frosty morn..

(And I thought I had strange tastes:rolleyes:)

One of my best birthday presents ever was 15 tons of horse muck dumped on my drive (ordered by my kindly wife)! Don't know what I'd do if given 200 tons, 15 took me long enough to shift.

As an aside, is your horse muck from straw bedding? I can only get wood shaving based stuff round here, which is OK but takes ages to rot down.

Badger_Boom

Über Member
Yes it's just towards the end of the lower path that comes up from Branscombe beach towards Beer.

Looking back towards Branscombe.

Last year's winter storms have scoured away a lot of the pebbles so there's a lot more sand at low tide than you might recall.

View attachment 619514

The beach..
Looking a bit tropical in November :rolleyes:
Definitely sandier than I remember. I don’t think we’ve been since the shipwreck which is a long time now.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Definitely sandier than I remember. I don’t think we’ve been since the shipwreck which is a long time now.

The Napoli..
Crikey , over fifteen years ago now..
It sat there for a long while.

I remember hearing about people getting all sorts of loot from it .
One of my best birthday presents ever was 15 tons of horse muck dumped on my drive (ordered by my kindly wife)! Don't know what I'd do if given 200 tons, 15 took me long enough to shift.

As an aside, is your horse muck from straw bedding? I can only get wood shaving based stuff round here, which is OK but takes ages to rot down.

It's got shavings in it, and yes they do take longer, but Im not in any hurry, I can stockpile and keep turning it for a couple of years..

I have a tractor and loader, and a hydraulic tipping trailer so I cheat a bit with the handling side of things ..:blush:

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
IMG_20211207_094402.jpg

Top Bottom