The best bit of commuting kit i ever bought was...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dhd.evans

Veteran
Riding in today i thought to myself "God, am i ever so toasty roasty in my Aldi Cycling jacket. What a great bit of kit i got for £20 last ye... no wait, two years ag... no... wait... 6 years ago!!"

What's the best piece of kit you've ever bought for commuting?

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
My leggings, which have only just completely gone after 7 years. They were a pair of old Karrimor ones for £6, have done 6 winters plus PBP, LEL and other night rides. Decent value methinks.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Clothing wise, a Gore bikewear windproof jacket which I bought on ebay for £22 about 4 years ago. Otherwise Topeak MTX rack and expandable bag which slides on.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I'm unsure between:

Tenn Roubaix jacket - windproof front, fleece back. Not completely waterproof so I don't use it on the wettest or coldest winter days, but it's great the rest of the year when a jacket is needed. It was about £15 I think, I don't remember how many years ago and it's only just starting to give up.

Axa Pico 30 lights - bought as a cheapie when trying out dynamo lighting, but it's fine for seeing where I'm going on dark country lanes and it's still going strong 3 or 4 years later, including the bike falling over a few times (usually without me on it!). Again, about £15.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Wooly gloves for winter. They beat any cycling specific glove hands down.

Have you got a link? I'm struggling with my fingers this year..

My leggings, which have only just completely gone after 7 years. They were a pair of old Karrimor ones for £6, have done 6 winters plus PBP, LEL and other night rides. Decent value methinks.
Have to agree. I picked up a pair of Berghaus deluge at none other than sports direct for 27 quid probably 5 years ago. They are non cycling specific but have proved well worth the money on and off the bike.

Top Bottom