The best bit of commuting kit i ever bought was...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
A bike. It proved invaluable and outlasted that job business.

nickr

Über Member
A set of Cateye lights, brought for around £20 6 years ago and still going strong. Incredible battery life of about a year of 35 minute morning and evening commutes. Why anyone would buy a modern rechargeable light with a battery life of about 2 hours beats me.

subaqua

What’s the point
Actually it has to be the Dynamo lights I bought in 2010. Transformed my commuting to a delight with always available lights and no chore of charging lights (or more often forgetting)

Same here. Buying the commuter with hub dynamo in 2012 was Best Buy ever. Wouldn’t go back to battery lights now at all.

The upgrade to a B&M lumotec ?? Front stand light would be the next

keithmac

Guru
Got to be the Gtech for me, nearly 3 years of plodding to work and back with virtually no maintenance (or cleaning!).

20170728_191014.jpg

johnnyb47

Guru
Not that i use them for commuting, but my new "flinger" mud guards have been a god send this winter, A cleaner bike (and me) have really helped to keep me going through the wet dirty conditions

nickAKA

Über Member
Early days of winter but sealskinz neoprene gloves. Paid about a tenner for them as a clearance item, pound-for-pound they are THE best bit of bike clothing I've ever bought.

Top Bottom