The best bit of commuting kit i ever bought was...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ron Hill Tracksters bought in my 20s. Not telling you how old I am now.

Only one?
Dynohub lights
Sprayway Microlight windproof. I just cant find a replacement.
Paramo Cuzco. Full weight, full zip winter jacket for dry or wet. I cant find a replacement.
On One Mary bars
Ergon cork grips.

Tough choice.

I've had some great value out of Lidl's bike clothes over the years, but I can't say any of it was 'the best'.

An Exposure Race rechargeable front light, perhaps, not cheap, but still going strong after 9 years.

A pair of Pearl Izumi lobster mitts/gloves. Expensive overkill if I'd used them in the UK, but absolutely essential in Canada's wintertime when the temperatures drop below -20C.

biking_fox

Guru
ProvViz Colour Reflective Jacket. Even if it's a bit warm in summer, and an odd cut, it's still the thing to commute in year round.
Rainlegs - non sweaty waterproof covers (not really trousers) for legs
Cheap random chinese light imported - permanent attachment to handlebars, metal body. Can't be nicked and doesn't break. I've had to fettle the lead a couple of times, but still going strong.
Reelights - always there, always on.
2nd bike!

andystorey

Another vote for Exposure lights.

I have a Trace and Strada running up front and a Blaze mk1 and TraceR on the rear, plus a Joystick mk13 mounted on my Catlike helmet for the last mile that is down an unlit, off-road track.

Recently had to send the Blaze back for repair. The cost was a very reasonable £20 for a replacement battery and was back on the bike after 3 days. So well pleased with their service.

Top Bottom