The best guitar solo in the World. Ever.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Just went and found the guitar solo for Goodbye to Love on Guitar Pro and had a bit of a play. I'd forgotten just how good it is/was. I might have a bit of a play with that. (Not that I haven't got enough homework to do)

andyfraser

Über Member
Al Di Meola plays some great stuff, check out his work on Stomu Yamashta's Go or Go 'live' or the just one night with Paco De Lucia and another guy (suffering brain fade and I've only got a cassette I recorded in about 86 and the ink is so faded its unreadable)
The third guy was John McLaughlin. :smile:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
To be fair, Zappa was a mighty fine axe man.
indeed... and also the king of the ugly guitar solo... some of them are virtually unlistenable.

this is also up there with one of his finest though...

On stage with Zappa is Adrian Belew, the guy who played 'stunt' guitar before Steve Vai invented Stunt Guitar... he was also in Talking Heads briefly in the early 80s, playing stunt guitar.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Then of course there is Blackbird by Alter Bridge running a close joint 2nd with Civil War by G 'n' R or Mr Brownstone, also G 'n' R or the theme from The Godfather by Slash or Motorcycle Emptiness by Manic Street Preachers or Comfortably Numb from Pink Floyd....

raleighnut

Legendary Member
indeed... and also the king of the ugly guitar solo... some of them are virtually unlistenable.

this is also up there with one of his finest though...

On stage with Zappa is Adrian Belew, the guy who played 'stunt' guitar before Steve Vai invented Stunt Guitar... he was also in Talking Heads briefly in the early 80s, playing stunt guitar.

Adrian also played with Robert Fripp and famously sang 'City Of Tiny Lights' for Frank.
BTW no-one has mentioned Peter Green, one of the greatest ever and a big influence on Gary Moore with whom he 'swapped' guitars leading to Gary owning THAT Les Paul (its a long and complicated story)

Top Bottom