The best guitar solo in the World. Ever.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Frank Zappa - Watermelon In Easter Hay
The Carpenters - Goodbye To Love (played by Tony Peluso and Richard Carpenter received several 'death threats' for it)
Gary Moore - I Can't Wait Until Tomorrow (From the 'Live In Japan' Album)

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
not thee best* but one of my favourites....

it's got a great intro, lasting 1m44secs, a crap song, lasting 45secs, and a fantabulistic guitar solo that doesn't last anywhere near long enough

*have to agree with @raleighnut's first choice on that one :smile:

Levo-Lon

Guru
https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=AL94UKMTqg-9DUCYufmOPrQ7sfE9virUmH
Think I was listening to this wheni got a tug ..lol coldwater canyon on the Encore albumn.
think I had nearly all of tange stuff..
I didn't get banned as I was given a 96mph fine and points..older traffic cops are best..and it was a clear A1 at night.
I got banned for being very naughty in 95..
Good music is a acelerator menace..ozzy shot in the dark!!
on this thread theres so many great ones. Nice to see what pops up.

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
The Carpenters - Goodbye To Love (played by Tony Peluso and Richard Carpenter received several 'death threats' for it)
One of the truly great and often overlooked guitar solos, melodic yet rocky and perfect for that song.

So many great songs mentioned, but I've got to raise the bar, if I may, with this:
Larry Carltons epic solo in Steely Dan's Kid Charlemagne

raleighnut

Legendary Member
To be fair, Zappa was a mighty fine axe man.
You ought to see Dweezil doing his dads stuff, often on the same guitars. I last saw him when they played "Apostrophe" note perfect in Leicester.

andyfraser

Über Member
I used to list some of the best rock and metal solos in threads like this but I actually find the jazz-fusion solos of John McLaughlin and Al Di Meola and the like to be more varied and better in my opinion.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I used to list some of the best rock and metal solos in threads like this but I actually find the jazz-fusion solos of John McLaughlin and Al Di Meola and the like to be more varied and better in my opinion.
Al Di Meola plays some great stuff, check out his work on Stomu Yamashta's Go or Go 'live' or the just one night with Paco De Lucia and another guy (suffering brain fade and I've only got a cassette I recorded in about 86 and the ink is so faded its unreadable)

Top Bottom