The best guitar solo in the World. Ever.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Adrian also played with Robert Fripp and famously sang 'City Of Tiny Lights' for Frank.
BTW no-one has mentioned Peter Green, one of the greatest ever and a big influence on Gary Moore with whom he 'swapped' guitars leading to Gary owning THAT Les Paul (its a long and complicated story)
Peter Green....

The Green Manalishi.

Hows that.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Peter Green....

The Green Manalishi.

Hows that.
The live version is stunning especially when he plugs in a six string bass and then plays lead guitar on that (I originally thought he'd used an 'octave' pedal but its a bass............'Live in Boston' or the Boston box ( Track 8 on CD1) but Peter didn't really go in for the big 'Guitar Solo' thing that much..........unless you count his over 3 hour 'epic' jam on Black Magic Woman when Fleetwood Mac hadn't got a guitar player and rang him to 'bail them out'. I'd love to hear that. :eek:

Tin Pot

Guru
This little topic almost had grown men come to blows when it surfaced at work today, so I thought I'd ask the views of my fellow CC'ers.

Every sane person knows that the best guitar solo in the World ever is Martin Barre's painfully soulful solo at the end of Jethro Tull's We Used To Know, where Leslie cabinet, wah-wah pedal and long haired genius came together to produce a perfection so clear, so sweet, such a distillation of rock beauty, that grown men in the mid to late 40's weep tears of joy whenever they hear it.

However, it seems some people not in possession of all their marbles, some really crazy people, I mean some real wacko's, seem to think that there may be some other solo worthy of this plaudit.

So, if you're one of these poor, unfortunate, misguided souls then why don't you share with us your thoughts about which is the best guitar solo in the World ever?

Crossroads - Guitar Duel, Steve Vai

No one else knows what they're talking about.

"Every sane person" precludes guitarists.

The Crossroads duel kicks the living turds out of anything that ever happened, or will happen, on a fretboard, ever.

And it sounds good, unlike many a wankfest out there.

And it really is a *solo*, not a lead guitar.
:P

Top Bottom