The best musical instrument ever?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Mr Phoebus said:
No other instrument can match the range of human emotions like the violin can.

When I played one, the primary human emotions matched were pain, fear, sorrow and headaches...

James, I haven't heard the York Organ for a while, not having been in the Minster for ages. But I do hear, and love, the bells.

Kirstie, I take your point. Did you ever hear the episode of Swannee Kazoo cinema on I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue? They did the restaurant scene from When Harry Met Sally, with the swannee as Meg Ryan. Imagine a Clanger having an orgasm. Left me mentally scared for weeks.

Favourite instrument I think would have to be piano, for the sheer range of styles that can be played on it. But a decent mandolin is a thing of joy...

OP
OP
M

Melvil

Arch;35757][quote name= said:

When I played one, the primary human emotions matched were pain, fear, sorrow and headaches...

James, I haven't heard the York Organ for a while, not having been in the Minster for ages. But I do hear, and love, the bells.

Kirstie, I take your point. Did you ever hear the episode of Swannee Kazoo cinema on I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue? They did the restaurant scene from When Harry Met Sally, with the swannee as Meg Ryan. Imagine a Clanger having an orgasm. Left me mentally scared for weeks.

Favourite instrument I think would have to be piano, for the sheer range of styles that can be played on it. But a decent mandolin is a thing of joy...[/quote]

I knew someone who could play 'losing my religion' by REM on the mandolin. It sounded ace.

Bigtallfatbloke

The most emotional instrument (played well) imho is the violin. The piano is a close second.

I play the electric guitar, Fender Stratocasters which I modify a lot myself.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
actually the apple mac. just for pissing off mcartney ;)

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
For sheer weirdness and the massive contribution that it has made to sci-fi films and TV shows over the years, I'd plump for the Theremin.

Arch;35757][quote name= said:

[/QUOTE]

Yes I heard that and I don't think I've ever laughed so much in my life...it was pure genius

Top Bottom