The Big UK Thaw

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
ALL the snow and ice on my roof fell off last night at about 3am - it slid off suddenly in one big sheet and crashed into the garden.

You can imagine what it sounded like lying on a bed directly under said roof - I nearly shat myself! It sounded like a herd of elephants galumphing down the roof ...

Cubist

Still wavin'
Here you are.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaE2l2LlYPM

I just loved the moment I went to the boot to get the spade out to find that it had been used to clear a neighbour's driveway yesterday and not replaced! Bloody kids.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Did you manage to out run the flying saucer Cubist? For a moment there I thought its tractor beam was going to get you, it must have been very close with all those bright lights.

Cubist

Still wavin'
marinyork said:
Did you manage to out run the flying saucer Cubist? For a moment there I thought its tractor beam was going to get you, it must have been very close with all those bright lights.
I got a cheap digital camcorder for Christmas...I ain't Cecil B DeMille...:biggrin:

yenrod

gazmercer said:
I noticed today that although it's still bitterly cold round here, things are starting to slowly thaw. I can hear water running down drains, water is dripping off things. Hopefully it'll warm up a bit more and get rid of all the horrible snow and ice soon.

Wonder how long it'll be before the thaw causes problems and replaces the "Snow" headlines in the news.

Thats true Gary ! - get rid of this bloody snow...

I'm soo bloody unift atthemoment ! :biggrin:

BTW if you need someone to assist you on your pursuance of increasing miles get in touch...I can show you a good 50ml'er !

Bayerd

Über Member
Thaw? I'm tho thaw I can't pith....

Cubist

Still wavin'
Piemaster said:
Tsk, tsk. Driving and filming :smile:. Looks like you've got it strapped to your head somehow? Dalek style? What camera is it?
It's a veho muvi. It's clipped onto the elastic headband that comes with it, on the folded over bit of my woolly hat.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Rigid Raider said:
You're driving something that looks like a Land Rover - so why did you stop?
It's a Disco on road tyres, they're good, but not infallible in a couple of feet of drifts! It took a couple of reverse and run-ups to get where I did. What you can see in the video is the point where I make it almost alongside the first of the cars abandoned in the road. Two car lengths beyond that is an estate car right in the middle of the road and a van behind it, which means that even if I could have dug my way further forward with the non-existent spade, I couldn't have got past either of them. Where I stopped was where it started to get seriously deep. Fifty yards further on and it was the best part of three feet deep. I don't want to get to work that badly!

Bayerd

Über Member
I've just been out for a quick ride, it does appear to be thawing here now, which is making riding on snow almost impossible when on a gradient either going up or down (the Masonic's took a hit on the crossbar at one point). Whatever was coming down felt more like rain aswell.

Top Bottom