The booze-quittin' buddy thread!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
We don't mind the untanned look Colin :whistle:
I just noticed that I am developing a slight case of 'Patrick Moore eyebrows', so those are going to have to be trimmed back before any new pictures are taken! :laugh:

subaqua

What’s the point
good servant , bad master. sadly it seems to be starting to want be the master. Post new year will be a very big reduction in quantity and regularity.

the weight i have put on since hooning it again will drop off.

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
I have never been one for just going out for a pint or two, if I was out I was all out. Got to the point where a Friday night out would still have me feeling rough on a Monday and sometimes even a Tuesday. I also did some silly silly things after drinking too much so enough was enough. Stopped going out probably around Sept 2011 so no booze for over two years. Feel better for it, I love the feeling of feeling fresh on a Sunday morning ready for a club run too. Sometimes I do miss the times I've had but I don't want to go back there.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Back on tramadol for pain so can't drink at all. It was either pain killers or beer but this stuff is very strong. Booze free NYE again (last 2 yeaes I've driven). At least this saves money and helps with weight loss. Booze is cal-horrific.

vickster

Legendary Member
I have a friend who drinks with tramadol, doesn't seem to have any specific ill effects! That said, she has been taking them for a long time, and is not generally advised. They just make me dozy and they aren't especially effective for me....co-codamol is my dozy making painkiller of choice

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I have a friend who drinks with tramadol, doesn't seem to have any specific ill effects! That said, she has been taking them for a long time, and is not generally advised. They just make me dozy and they aren't especially effective for me....co-codamol is my dozy making painkiller of choice

Been given tramadol as codeine gives me bad tummy rumbles and bungs me up.
Side effect of drinking with tramadol is listed as 'death' so I will give it a miss.

other effect is it does give you a slight high.

I was never much of a drinker anyways, just a few beers when between offshore hitches, but two years ago I realised I had been a couple of months with no alcohol and decided to just carry on like that as more of a small personal challenge. Well two years have past and I dont miss it at all and everyone likes a designated driver to hand too lol

Top Bottom