The booze-quittin' buddy thread!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Depends which research paper you read, some say 300mg some say upto 600mg of caffeine per day...most do agree on 300mg max per day whilst pregnant.
NOT pregnant, ya insinuating so and so :tongue: (just jesting)

vickster

Legendary Member
:ohmy: That's a week's worth of units, possibly more depending on what you drink...and probably around 3000 calories in one sitting :ohmy: How often do you do that?

I shall give up booze for a few months after my work leaving do - so from the 18 January (if the night goes as I expect, I will probably never want to drink again anyway xx( )

I didn't drink anything for nearly 5 months this year. Not that I am a heavy drinker, usually no more than 10 units a week. I would rather eat my calories than drink them! :hungry:

david k

Hi
:ohmy: That's a week's worth of units, possibly more depending on what you drink...and probably around 3000 calories in one sitting :ohmy: How often do you do that?

I shall give up booze for a few months after my work leaving do - so from the 18 January (if the night goes as I expect, I will probably never want to drink again anyway xx( )

I didn't drink anything for nearly 5 months this year. Not that I am a heavy drinker, usually no more than 10 units a week. I would rather eat my calories than drink them! :hungry:

once a week now, was sometimes twice but now only once

could be guiness, lager, bitter, real ales, i like all of them

Last edited:

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
how I need this thread!!
everyone I have told have done nothing but mock, seeing this thread makes me hope I might get some encouragement at last!

You have to realise that people want you to fail as your sucess shows that the excuses they make not to change their lives to be exactly what they are. Good luck with proving them all wrong and ensure that you appreciate things such as setbacks to be part of the challenge, it is not the same as failure... What does not challenge us, does not change us.

skyair

also I have read that any amount of alcohol reduces testosterone and raises cortisol in men and that the hops in beer increase estrogen and that's why you get a beer gut and man boobs.its not just fat its water from the estrogen[like I say its only what I have read]

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
  • I have lost 3.5 stone in weight
  • I have probably saved over £2,000
  • I haven't had any hangovers!
  • I am no longer looking bleary-eyed and knackered
  • Apart from issues connected to my clotting, I have not been ill - no colds, flu, general bugs
  • I have been less depressed than I normally am

put your money where your mouth is and post a new avatar without those shades on... then the forum will decide ^_^

I did this over a year ago and can honestly say I feel better for it. I don't miss it at all and the early morning rides at the weekend are better for it. I had a pint on our anniversary when we went out for a meal and a glass of Buck's Fizz Christmas morning and that's been it for the year.
Good luck to everyone who gives it a go.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Sorry though I dont think stopping alcohol intake will make lose weight

Less food consumption is the one where you'll lose the weight?

martint235

Dog on a bike
I give up alcohol on a regrettably regular basis for many reasons mainly health related. I gave up in October and lasted until mid-December before I spectacularly fell off the wagon. I gave up again a couple of weeks ago and got through Xmas without any alcohol. Getting through January should be relatively straight forward but there are a couple of fail points looming towards the middle of the year.

Top Bottom