The Brommie Blacklist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I'm a contractor employed by a third party, so I don't want to play fast and loose with their rules. If I was an employee it might be different. It seems my only option would be to buy a cheap clunker and an expensive lock and use the lamppost outside option. Which, given that I don't much like cycling in town isn't going to happen.
In those circumstances you're right.

But especially if you're in the same office for a few weeks you may well build up enough of a relationship with some members of staff who would really like to ride to make them aware that their situation is not normal. It's the sort of thing that people discuss over a beer after work.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Ah, facilities departments and health and safety.

Some years back in the dibble we were told not to put stuff on top of our lockers because it was highly dangerous, and some nuns, orphans, or even puppy dogs might die a hideous death. Never mind that the lockers they gave us were too small for all our work it.

Anyway, a colleague did a FOI request to the local health and safety people and they responded that they had never had an accident or near miss from an object mysteriously leaping off the top of a locker reported to them since their records began.
You never know, a passing nun holding an orphans hand who was carry a puppy could be a hit by an object dislodged by a freak gust.

bikegang

Mod before ride, my bike my style...
Or was it because you were wearing Lycra? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8484116.stm
Tesco in Wales does seem a bit uptight. Why not emigrate? Trolleying Brommies are welcome in my local co-op. lidl & sainsbury.
Tesco or ASDA in my area are friendly, only got pulled over once (not fully folded but with handlebar up trolley mode), and I just said this is my trolley :smile: and entered. I did have a pretty big basket on the front luggage block.

Top Bottom