The bum question and honesty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ayceejay

Guru
Sure enough my wife asked me the bum question, you know "Do you think I have a big bum?" there are variations like "Does my bum look big in this?" for instance. Of course I answered "No dear" which in my experience is always the best/only answer. To be honest I never give it a lot of thought because this way trouble lurks. I just feign consideration with a slight pause.
Am I being dishonest or just protecting my best interest - or?

You are protecting her interest as well i.e. her wellbeing, mental health etc.

ScotiaLass

Guru
It perhaps says a lot that my husband says my bum is my best feature! :laugh:
As my dear mum used to say "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all".
I take this to mean that if you say something to make someone feel good about themselves, then that's perfectly acceptable, whether it's a little white lie or not :smile:

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
She might want to have a big bum...in which case, you may have just caused harm...it's a dangerous path to assume though...best solution...ask why she wants to know or if she'd like one...then accentuate the positives in whichever direction you need to...it's all relative...

I now have the perfect reply to it now "It's not big enough, you'd need to eat more pies to get it noticed in Brazil"
Just seems a cultural thing that big bums are desirable in Brazil.

surfdude

Veteran
you did the right thing . not only did you protect your best interest you also protected your testicles .

every time my wife asked this question i just say lets go up to bedroom and i will prove how perfect and sexy your bum and you are :ohmy:. she has not asked for years . ^_^

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
A loaded question if ever there was one. As a husband of many years standing, there is no right answer. If you say no, the lady in question will of already made her mind up, and disagree . If you say yes it it enormous, that dress does not suit you, you are doomed. Be brave, and run away.:bicycle:

Top Bottom