The CC Trig Point bagger thread, now incorporating other interesting geographs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm edging back into the saddle now, so hope to have a few for you soon.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
bicycle-and-tori.jpg

A Tori, or Bird gate, Sister Cities Garden representing Asahikawa, Japan. near the garden for Vladimir, Russia. Canterbury is also a Sister City, but has no garden.

classic33

Leg End Member
Going off topic slightly. Given the fact that most churches have been benchmarked, with others also used as Trig Points. Anyone know what the difference between Burial Area/Ground, Cemetery and Funeral Area is?

Is it down to religion or something else?

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I'm assuming that Burial Ground is a part of a churchyard as opposed to a Cemetery, which almost always seems to be a single use plot of land or acreage used by a community for all burials regardless of creed or status in the church. Our church has a Columbarium, but no churchyard, as that is not the tradition in this area of the States, in urban areas, to have actual burials in the yard of the church. That being said, there are separate Jewish and Roman Catholic cemeteries in my town, and sections of Jewish and Roman Catholic graves in the public cemetery. Some country churches do have graveyards. Churches usually have the funeral itself in the sanctuary or funeral home, then go to the graveside for the blessing and burial service. My mother was buried Eastern Rite R.C. (in 1979) and this was also the way it was done there. Sometimes, due to the frost line being so deep here, winter burials may be delayed until the ground warms in the spring. My Ma was buried on All Saints Day, or +1, and was the last burial in that cemetery until the spring. I knew this because my wife's grandmother passed a week later, and was held over in cold storage until April. Not that I knew her at the time.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Near my town, about a good bicycle ride away, there is an area that has two cemeteries, one for Democrats, one for Republicans.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Not old stuff, but in the future it will be!
Hand sculpted bricks in the Nene flood defences, Northampton.

:smile:
Like it. Pete:okay:
Interesting stuff is timeless,
they've been repairing a lot of the small bridges in the countryside around here, not in the usual concrete shuttered soulless way but stripping it down and rebuilding with the original stone.
They've even replaced this OS rivet in the correct place
NS 3367 7037 Kilmacolm, Blacksholm Rd, Bridge.jpg

I'll get a photo of one of the bridges at some point for reference.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Like it. Pete:okay:
Interesting stuff is timeless,
they've been repairing a lot of the small bridges in the countryside around here, not in the usual concrete shuttered soulless way but stripping it down and rebuilding with the original stone.
They've even replaced this OS rivet in the correct place
View attachment 393133
I'll get a photo of one of the bridges at some point for reference.
It’s for the future, isn’t it?!

561FB8A1-A8C9-4CFB-AE3F-5C7379A7857E.jpeg

Here’s another one.. I think they got the local school kids involved in the designs.

:smile:

Top Bottom