The CC Trig Point bagger thread, now incorporating other interesting geographs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Where, where :hyper:
Go back a few posts to Pete's track markers:okay:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Find and photo more like them, unusual ones, please:okay:
I shall find and photo American ones, I know a bit of Ferroequinology and Ferroequinarchaeology.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I like planes as well, used to be a big airshow here, but they moved it to Peoria. I've also photographed a lot of weather. Like this dust devil.
dust-devil-getting-stronger.jpg

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Is that legal?
Yes and no. Depends on who you ask. I once was stopped and detained by railroad police, for taking pictures, for which they usually claim trespass. Local police show up, ask what the problem is, they tell him I'm taking pictures of their trains. I state the trains, by their nature, are significant and newsworthy, and that I was taking pictures from public right of way. Police let me go.

classic33

Leg End Member
Yes and no. Depends on who you ask. I once was stopped and detained by railroad police, for taking pictures, for which they usually claim trespass. Local police show up, ask what the problem is, they tell him I'm taking pictures of their trains. I state the trains, by their nature, are significant and newsworthy, and that I was taking pictures from public right of way. Police let me go.
At least I'm not the only one being stopped!!

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Out hunting today,
I reckon 3 miles pavement crawling in:laugh: the W end of Greenock, a happy hunting ground but not today, a random visit but one mark..
Greenock, Robertson St.
NS 2683 7641 Greenock, Robertson St (no.46, Wall.jpg

Thr Free French Memorial
IMG_1107.jpg

A war memorial to the Free French forces who fought in the Second World War stands on the western brow of the hill. The Free French memorial was built in the shape of the Cross of Lorraine, the emblem of the Free French, combined with an anchor. It has plaques commemorating the loss of the Flower-class corvettes Alyssa and Mimosa, and of the submarine Surcouf. Locally, it is also associated with the memory of the loss of the Maillé Brézé which blew up at the Tail of the Bank.
A side story HERE

I've a couple of other stuff, I'll post once all reduced etc.

Top Bottom