The CC Trig Point bagger thread, now incorporating other interesting geographs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
That second one looks like target practise for the local scrotery!
Nice find.
:smile:
Thanks,
They were, unfortunately.
Every four years, a new one would be erected, I know of one other possibility .I'll have a look next time I'm out that way but I give no hope.
This one was in the posh, genteel village of Kilmacolm, I'll see my contacts up there for more information.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
View attachment 389639

This old lamppost was originally one erected outside the home of the local Town Provost ( a Jock version of Mayor).
It had an ornate light with the local authority crest on all four panes of glass, sadly now left to the vagaries of everything.

The same as this.
View attachment 389640
What a shame people can't have nice things.

In the stocks first!

There's a set not too far from me ('as the crow flies')
http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2388999
https://www.britishlistedbuildings....on-lake-lane-warmfield-cum-heath#.Wky2uEx2vIU

Obligatory photo, circa 1989/1990

ddsv452447895r.jpg

I know a couple of the (higher ranking) Clergy, at Wakefield Cathedral, & have suggested that they build a replica set, & install them by the west-door, or the south, & sell left overs from the Treacey Hall café, to throw on Saturday afternoons
Sadly, Canon Tony, thinks I wasn't being serious:rolleyes:

View attachment 389639

This old lamppost was originally one erected outside the home of the local Town Provost ( a Jock version of Mayor).
It had an ornate light with the local authority crest on all four panes of glass, sadly now left to the vagaries of everything.

The same as this.
View attachment 389640

There's the remains of threes not too far from me
'Stumps' now
Visible?

Or this?

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
View attachment 389639

The same as this.
View attachment 389640
Ive seen loads of those around London . I assumed they where Victorian sewer vents .

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
One of Charles Rennie Mackintosh's architectural designs
'Windyhill' in nearby posh village of Kilmacolm

rennie.jpg

there is another but not so obvious gatehouse with Mackintosh connections nearby

Wikipedia HERE
I knew one of the previous owners and know that he'll be kicking himself as he placed it on the market for under a mill.
£3 mill, aye right, chanty wrassler.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
shed.jpg

Remains (fireplace and chimney) of rail walkers shed along the old now defunct Greenock and Ayrshire Railway. I remember the shed was of wood, not too large but as usual, some ned burnt it down(I'm talking late 60s early 70s) when I worked at a nearby farm. The old railway is now part of NCN 75(used daily when not icy/snowy). A recent water pipe was cut across the track about 20 ft from the ruin, I kinda mentioned to the site foreman I was keeping an eye on it in case they just razed it to the ground, why not.
Mind you, a bit iffy really a wooden building with a fireplace.

Some info HERE

Top Bottom