The CC Trig Point bagger thread, now incorporating other interesting geographs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Aye, just love the 'Evil Empire':okay:
When I'm not here , I'm on River Ave Blues.
been a fan since the mid-70s
There was a US Naval Base at nearby Holy Loch and got pally with a Wisconsinite and obviously, the Packers and for some reason, I never found out, he was a Yankees fan.
Listened to AFN radio from Germany on the AM bands then we got gridiron circa 1981 on local TV, baseball too but baseball disappeared (I used streaming links for years;)). I now subscribe to MLB.tv so never miss a game, nor sleep as I just watch your evening games when I get up in the morning.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Aye, just love the 'Evil Empire':okay:
When I'm not here , I'm on River Ave Blues.
been a fan since the mid-70s
There was a US Naval Base at nearby Holy Loch and got pally with a Wisconsinite and obviously, the Packers and for some reason, I never found out, he was a Yankees fan.
Listened to AFN radio from Germany on the AM bands then we got gridiron circa 1981 on local TV, baseball too but baseball disappeared (I used streaming links for years;)). I now subscribe to MLB.tv so never miss a game, nor sleep as I just watch your evening games when I get up in the morning.
Packers?!!!!!!
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7HMq0Zq5BQ2CVMvKzG_HYYsrcIjPmnzoeTYLQDbUgEQdLCpy9.jpg
upload_2018-1-7_17-19-35.png

I appreciate your liking for baseball, a great pastime. I was a catcher, nothing like my father, who went all the way up the minors to AAA ball . I din't go much past Little League, the whole Achilles tendon thing.

Attachments

• upload_2018-1-7_17-19-20.png
    upload_2018-1-7_17-19-20.png
    5 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Packers?!!!!!!
View attachment 390619 View attachment 390618
I appreciate your liking for baseball, a great pastime. I was a catcher, nothing like my father, who went all the way up the minors to AAA ball . I din't go much past Little League, the whole Achilles tendon thing.

Even the great Ragnar knew what was best for him:okay:

AAA, just below The Show:okay:
Tough life in the minors back in the day, even now.
Pretty bad form the MLB doesn't increase conditions for those through the system when you look at Ellsbury's annual cost compared to Judge's present salary, it shows the game is nuts....I should have taught my son to pitch left handed

Last edited:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
My dad only lasted a season, his brother died during off season, and he had to help support the family, as he had a younger brother still in school. In the thirties, it was a good way to keep on eating, not be a drain on household, and when you got home, a job may be waiting for you at a factory that needed "ringers" for the industrial leagues. Which is exactly what happened.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
My dad only lasted a season, his brother died during off season, and he had to help support the family, as he had a younger brother still in school. In the thirties, it was a good way to keep on eating, not be a drain on household, and when you got home, a job may be waiting for you at a factory that needed "ringers" for the industrial leagues. Which is exactly what happened.
Not so good.

I'm about finished reading 'The Glory of their Times', it shows how a lot of these players escaped the mines, etc., well written but in the interviewee's words, not the author. Humbling.
It's a slow Hot Stove time...
A couple of Yankees books for Xmas, I'll get round to them soon.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
13th Feb...
first workout for all 20th (I think)
Final preperations for the massacre?

Top Bottom