The CC Trig Point bagger thread, now incorporating other interesting geographs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
trig.jpg

A Trig Point near Winster, in The Peaks. The only person I know in this pic is the upside down one :laugh:

Next time I see her the right way up, I'll ask her exactly where it is..

Sorry, posted into wrong thread

Deleted

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Earlier this week I was in Bradford on Avon for a few hours. I remembered a conversation from about 45 years ago which suggested there might be an Edward VIII post box somewhere in the town. Unsurprisingly, I failed to find it, and a quick online search that evening showed I wasn't looking for quite the right thing; it is the Post Office building itself, now taken over by another retailer, which carries the cypher, much higher up than I was looking.

Apparently there are 100 or so Edward VIII post boxes known to exist, and although I'd never knowingly seen one, it turns out I have a picture of one. A couple of years ago I stayed for a week in an apartment in the red house on the harbour front in Tobermory, with the rare box just a few yards away:

DSCN0940b.JPG

Zooming in, the box can be seen just to the right of the RNLI flagpole, next to a red lifebelt mounting:

DSCN0940a.JPG

Wikipedia supplies the image I should've taken myself:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/...box,_Tobermory_-_geograph.org.uk_-_607493.jpg

Tobermory.jpg

Top Bottom