The CC Trig Point bagger thread, now incorporating other interesting geographs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Found two yesterday..
and as per usual not on the Bench Mark website
I'm going round in circles as one (the Branscroft one) matches the OS Locator and description is correct until the road name which is wrong, the road in question is over 1/2 mile away. I must ask a local next time through.
I'll just use OS Locator as ID.

NS 3963 6357 Kilbarchan, Foreclose Rd, North Lodge entrance
NS 3960 6357 Kilbarchan, Foreclose Rd, North Lodge entrance.jpg

NS 406 637 Kilbarchan, Branscroft
NS 406 637 Kilbarchan, Branscroft.jpg

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
The horizontal cut is the mark into which the end of the surveyors plank or bench would go. The other thread hashes were there to designate that it was a government thingy.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
The horizontal cut is the mark into which the end of the surveyors plank or bench would go. The other thread hashes were there to designate that it was a government thingy.
Wow-learn something new every day. Usually on this thread. Ours are made so you set up the tripod for the surveying instruments with a plumb bob over dead center.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
I was leaning to the different sizes of the mark you come across.

I targetted three today, two now gone.
Bridge of Weir, Advance Place (Torr Rd), building
NS 3866 6572 Bridge of Weir Advance Place(Torr Rd), building.jpg

this one is 300 yds away from yesterday's one and the size of the marks are totally different.
I thought there may have been a standard size but more likely to who wielded the hammer and chisel.

Last edited:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
As before... A 'Reiver' or sitting atop the TP wasn't quite possible, but here's today's effort.

IMG_1835.png

Norwich Cathedral spire, TP9326, after a few free beers on completion of the Norwich 100 miler.

:smile:

Last edited:
Top Bottom