The CC Trig Point bagger thread, now incorporating other interesting geographs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Outfitting new steely trig bagging bike today, at least I got the stubborn seat post out, after 4 weeks of PB Blaster marinate. Still waiting until after surgeon consult for longer trips afield.

classic33

Leg End Member
I was wondering that too..
I'm assuming from the 'fresh' cement work, its been rebuilt at some time using the original stone work.
I caught this on the way to the Roman Bridge pivot..
I'm noticing that a few are no longer where they should be, gone for good.

This due to rebuilding work in more recent times.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Some of our trig points are related to the infrastructure surrounding an abandoned railroad, and the removal of this infrastructure and the emplacement of other trail infrastructure has displaced or caused the markers to go missing.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Occasionally stone work is re-used in nearby buildings or walls, so existing makes end up in all sorts of positions.
A lot of the back country small bridges around here have been 'rebuilt' but not from the stone previously used, it's good to see stone still being used rather than ugly concrete monstrosities

I'm noticing that a few are no longer where they should be, gone for good.

This due to rebuilding work in more recent times.
I've isolated all the CBMs in my home town and can red line quite a few of them for this reason.

In other news, I found out where my blip in OS location came from..
The original OS file is in .csv form and it never translated well into Libre Office calc....

csv editing isn't easy, can't seem to copy and paste in the prog I'm using..

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
No bike in this find as I was in the truck, parked half a mile away, supposed to be working :whistle:

IMG_1921.JPG

TP 8035, Elveden Memorial, next to the A11.
There are no markings around the plinth, and the door is locked so I couldn't climb up it.

:smile:

Top Bottom