The CC Trig Point bagger thread, now incorporating other interesting geographs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yesterday afternoon #3

Morecambe
It was a lot busier than I expected, but we still didn't really get close to anyone

https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/6172178

Last edited:
Yesterday afternoon #4

Morecambe
it was a lot busier than I expected, but we still didn't really get close to anyone

Cormorant on the Stone Jetty
'

https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/6333664

Last edited:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I got a pic of that BM on my LEJOG this time last year!

PeteXXX

A few finds on my pedal around Milton Keynes t'other day..

DSC_2540.JPG

An easily spotted BM on St Mary's Church, Woughton on the Green.

DSC_2562.JPG

Slightly neglected iron mile post just up the road from the Aston Martin factory in Newport Pagnell. If that was in my front garden it wouldn't be in that state!!

DSC_2547.JPG

A newish direction plaque in, I think, Campbell Park.

_20200603_101646.JPG

And an old signal post on one of Beechings closed lines, Wolverton to Newport Pagnell.

_20200603_103820.JPG

This signal is all the remains of the old station.

Last edited:

PeteXXX

I went past Gt Linford station as well. People tend to forget that MK district has so many of the old hamlets & villages within it. Once you get past the new estates, there's loads of history there, and all accessible via the Redways!

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Just off the Railway walk near great linford is the higher order benchmark near Great Linford Manor. Theres also supposed to be a bolt near the canal at the Black Horse pub but I've never managed to locate it.

I know the Redways aren't without their flaws, but I really like them. You can travel from pretty much any one point to another in the town without touching a road, and in some of the older parts of the town they're quite delightful.

classic33

Leg End Member
Just off the Railway walk near great linford is the higher order benchmark near Great Linford Manor. Theres also supposed to be a bolt near the canal at the Black Horse pub but I've never managed to locate it.
The canal, the Black Horse pub or the bolt?

Top Bottom