The CC Trig Point bagger thread, now incorporating other interesting geographs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

I'm not sure this should live in this thread, and I'm not a fan of graffiti or 'tagging' but these I will make exception for - found on an exposed rock face on Sheep Pasture incline on the High Peak trail
WH 1863
WB Aug 13, 1891
View attachment 527748
Once all this is over I intend to ride the High Peak again, it was on my list for this year, start at Middleton Top, round Carsington Water over to Tissington Trail, up to Parsley Hay & back.

And

Fun sponge
Once all this is over I intend to ride the High Peak again, it was on my list for this year, start at Middleton Top, round Carsington Water over to Tissington Trail, up to Parsley Hay & back.
That's a lovely ride - I frequently ride parts of the HPT and Tissington Trail, love it up there, especially during the week when the schools are open :smile:

D

Deleted member 26715

That's a lovely ride - I frequently ride parts of the HPT and Tissington Trail, love it up there, especially during the week when the schools are open :smile:
It's about 45 miles to get to the start so currently can't justify the car journey, I've done Ashbourne to Parsley hay & back, Middleton Top to Hurdlow (I thnk) & back, it's just the around Carsington Water bit that's unknown but I think it's within my capabilities now.

Onlynutsnbolts

Anyone cruising Cannock Chase would pass this one, 2990 The Butts.
On a crossroads of popular bike routes ......still in one piece and all downhill from here.

And

Fun sponge
It's about 45 miles to get to the start so currently can't justify the car journey, I've done Ashbourne to Parsley hay & back, Middleton Top to Hurdlow (I thnk) & back, it's just the around Carsington Water bit that's unknown but I think it's within my capabilities now.
The 'back end' of Carsington is not too arduous, couple of short sharp climbs, a few tight bends but nothing too taxing - if you go via Tissington the climb from the ford to the village is challenging (imo) :okay:

Attachments

• DSCF3784.JPG
    DSCF3784.JPG
    205.9 KB · Views: 2
And a couple of '100yards' before reaching Waller Bridge

Parish Boundary Stone

Broad Cut Road
Calder Grove

Curiously, there no picture of the stone, but this stream appears to be boundary, & is directly behind the stone
https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4791112

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Today's stroll around Leighton Buzzard produced a few finds..

A different utility plaque on the Sun pub, Grove Road.
The BM on No. 27 was unfindable, though.

This one, overlooking the park, was an easy spot.

This one on the old Fire Station, now a pizza place, was also an easy one to see.

Another nice utility plaque..

Finally, a nice BM on the Ark Vets building.

I just finished my walk before this lot fell out of the sky!!

Top Bottom