The CC Trig Point bagger thread, now incorporating other interesting geographs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member

Last edited:

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
I'll peruse that later, Mr C:okay:

Four out of 6 today.
a pivot and 3 CBM.
One was a prowl in undergrowth, I think these ones in future can wait until winter, nettles everywhere
Bridge of Weir, ? marker
BoW Marker.jpg

Houston, Houston Rd, Cemy Wall
NS 4080 6648 Houston, Cemetery, Wall (N).jpg

Houston, Main Street, Pivot
NS 4061 6663 Houston, Pivot, Wall.jpg

Not very obvious in the photo, had to pick out some moss..
Another two CBMs in the same area.

classic33

Leg End Member
A few from today, before getting stopped
Where would Health & Safety go
CAM00328.jpg

The one I couldn't get the other day
CAM00329.jpg

Parish Church, West Entrance
CAM00330.jpg

From 1849!
CAM00331.jpg

View attachment 363563
Dismantled viaduct, Berry Lane
CAM00332.jpg

Under The Railway Station, Navigation Way
CAM00333.jpg

Navigation Road, security guard used a pair of binoculars to keep an eye on me, from less than 20 foot away. Saved him getting up of his back end!
CAM00336.jpg

Dripping into Hebble Brook
CAM00334.jpg

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
A few from the far end of the old station, it went past this road by another 200 yards.
CAM00337.jpg

"H" appears to have been in demand, work at both ends. One explantion I've been given is that marks like this may be "Team Mark", not an indivual persons mark.
CAM00338.jpg

Smoking might be bad for you!
This is over an 1/8 of inch deep/thick, the roof is worse. One of five seperate bridges making up one bridge.
CAM00339.jpg

The final two of the day. Interuppted by two police officers wondering what I was upto.
South Parade, junction with Discovery Road.
CAM00340.jpg

CAM00341.jpg

Last edited:

Tim Hall

Sorry, been busy/away. I got a snap of the Trig Point & bracket on top of Loughrigg Fell last weekend, but I walked up there, so won't post it here. However, today I was on a splendid Thames Path Meander with some good folk of YACF and got this:
2017-07-22 11.57.28.jpg

It's an old boundary stone between Kent and Surrey in Rovrive, and used to be where The Earls Sluice met the Thames. It's been moved since then, so I guess the cut mark isn't in the right place.
2017-07-22 11.58.51.jpg

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Sorry, been busy/away. I got a snap of the Trig Point & bracket on top of Loughrigg Fell last weekend, but I walked up there, so won't post it here. However, today I was on a splendid Thames Path Meander with some good folk of YACF and got this:
View attachment 363618
It's an old boundary stone between Kent and Surrey in Rovrive, and used to be where The Earls Sluice met the Thames. It's been moved since then, so I guess the cut mark isn't in the right place.
View attachment 363625
Walking is allowed...
I post everything whilst pedalling a non-steel bike,
rebel, I am:laugh:

Top Bottom