The CC Trig Point bagger thread, now incorporating other interesting geographs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
1970s utility marker plate?
1975 - 76.
You can tell it's Yorkshire though.
BM plate should be there.

Once again attracted the attention of the Police. Had four wondering why anyone would want a picture of a wall.

One for @Bobby Mhor
CAM00362-1.jpg

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Perhaps we should make up some explanatory pamphlets for distribution to those concerned.
Might be worth it. For me at least!

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
1975 - 76.
You can tell it's Yorkshire though.
BM plate should be there.

Once again attracted the attention of the Police. Had four wondering why anyone would want a picture of a wall.

One for @Bobby Mhor
View attachment 364029
Let's be honest, Mr C..the Grim Reaper garb gives it all away:laugh:
I'm less obvious with a flou top and lycra shorts, white helmet^_^

Meanwhile, on Ilkley Moor(ba tat)
hc0uml.jpg

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Two Trig points close together on Soil Hill!!
View attachment 364088
One close by the track, and to the left(West) of it. The other further North and to the right of the track(near a small quarry).
2017-07-25 (1).png

The one on the left marks the high point of the hill, the other is the actual trig
2017-07-25.jpg

Just at the back of me, it's the same, they have marked the high spots (red) and today's trig points are white.
The triangle with the dot was used in pre trig times to denote high spots...I assume the more prominent high spots rather than all.
Drop OS an email...

classic33

Leg End Member
View attachment 364112

The one on the left marks the high point of the hill, the other is the actual trig
View attachment 364113
Just at the back of me, it's the same, they have marked the high spots (red) and today's trig points are white.
The triangle with the dot was used in pre trig times to denote high spots...I assume the more prominent high spots rather than all.
Drop OS an email...
According to the legend at the bottom of the maps(1893 & 1921), both are trig points.

The newer map you used shows a third, at the end of the track! The wrong track at that.

Away from the high point

Last edited:
Top Bottom