The CC Trig Point bagger thread, now incorporating other interesting geographs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Corner of Fenwick Street opposite Queen Victoria statue
IMG_20170725_135426538.jpg

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
One on the front of the bombed out church just before Liverpool's China town .

IMG_20170725_141722110.jpg

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Yes, 6 contacts and one on 4m FM.
Hard going midweek even at 2,400 ft, one contact to Grasmoor in the Lakes, one over to NI, the rest localish..
I had another (higher) hill planned but low cloud made me cancel, the Mrs came back in from shopping around 10.30 and I already had the rucksack packed, so off North.
Leg test, we'll see how they feel in the :laugh:morning

No trig on this one..

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Wish I'd known. Only got 2 in the car, but could have headed for the high ground. 2 seems pretty flat at the moment.

I'm thinking of going DMR. Been decoding a bit with DSD+ and it seems to be gaining the foothold that Fusion and DStar never did.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Wish I'd known. Only got 2 in the car, but could have headed for the high ground. 2 seems pretty flat at the moment.

I'm thinking of going DMR. Been decoding a bit with DSD+ and it seems to be gaining the foothold that Fusion and DStar never did.
I don't really use 2m unless its SOTA or a very rare ragchew, the band has had its problem in the immediate area to the east and chased all decent operators off.
Never really was impressed with D-Star or Fusion, I'd rather go on Echolink..I can't see why folk do HF on hilltops, best by a body of water or the sea.
I go high for the distance VHF contacts..I even did that in the ole CB days....

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
My first love as a kid was SWL, which got me in to the whole thing. Since I got SDR I've gone back to that quite heavily as the filters and bandwith adjustment make it amazing for plucking those weak signals out of the mush. Northern Marianas then other day.

I wonder if they have trigs there?

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
My first love as a kid was SWL, which got me in to the whole thing. Since I got SDR I've gone back to that quite heavily as the filters and bandwith adjustment make it amazing for plucking those weak signals out of the mush. Northern Marianas then other day.

I wonder if they have trigs there?
Too busy trenching, groan.
I was at radio rally a couple of months ago and saw a Trio2000 and I was tempted but resisted.

Last edited:
Top Bottom