The CC Trig Point bagger thread, now incorporating other interesting geographs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I took a ride out towards Teeton today to bag a TP I spotted on the OS map a while back..

IMG_1286.PNG

IMG_1290.JPG

IMG_1307.JPG

It's in a field, with easy access through a farm gate 15 yards away. Due to a fairly high hedge, it's all but invisible from the adjacent lane.

^_^

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Having found the locale of the survey marker, it has been a longtime apparent area of the local yoof, who have hung bags in the trees because they must get lost in the 40 or 50 foot wide belt of brush between the trail and the school bus parking area. I would guess it was scavenged, maybe about the time when people became resident in the area, and trailers were moved in for the trailer park. Having exact measures and history of the site, i am assuming it is no longer there. The Dawes did a nice job getting me there, though I shall be reinstating FD and triple . On to the next site. At least I am learning volumes about my area in minute detail.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Right, busy day. 23 miles of trig and benchmark hunting.

1) Newport Pagnell North Bridge flush bracket. I beleieve it's there, but couldn't access the bridge due to roadworks :sad:

2) Newport Pagnell Church. This is a Trig Point, so presumably up on the tower is the 3 pronged metal spider as found attached to conventional trig pillars and Vanessas.

Newport Pagnell church SP 87764 43962.JPG

Newport Pagnell church SP 87764 43962 (2).JPG

Then along Newport Pagnell High St to a flush bracket on the Plough P/H.

Newport Pagnell Plough PH SP 87590 40920.JPG

Newport Pagnell Plough PH SP 87590 40920 (2).JPG

Then further along the High Street to the old Town hall, which I think is now apartments.

Newport Pagnell old Town Hall SP 87382 43816.JPG

Newport Pagnell old Town Hall SP 87382 43816 (2).JPG

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Then across town to the Red House P/H (the OS boys must've been a right bunch of dipso's!). Found the spot, but there's a wooden planter pushed up against the wall obstructing it.

Newport Pagnell Red House PH SP 86337 43412.JPG

Then a loop round to find a cut mark on the pillar to the gated road at the hamlet of Little Linford. However, the pillar has been recently repaired and I could find no sign of the 'crows foot' carving, so I'm guessing it's gone :sad:

Little Linford Gate Pillar SP 84343 44225.JPG

Come on you lot. This is fun, interesting, and blummen good motivation to get out for a ride.

Last edited:

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Then across town to the Red House P/H (the OS boys must've been a right bunch of dipso's!). Found the spot, but there's a wooden planter pushed up against the wall obstructing it.

View attachment 349220

Then a loop round to find a cut mark on the pillar to the gated road at the hamlet of Little Linford. However, the pillar has been recently repaired and I could find no sign of the 'crows foot' carving, so I'm guessing it's gone :sad:

View attachment 349221

Come on you lot. This is fun, interesting, and blummen good motivation to get out for a ride.
Not today, we've got snow flurries and a gale outside..

Geocache when out?

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
In a way its like geocaching, but without the film cannisters. But no,m I don't. The thrill os Trig and Benchmark hunting is good enough for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom