The Charge Spoon question

The Charge Spoon - what do you think?

• Lovely, like having my buttocks cosseted with eider down by angels.

Votes: 41 56.2%
  • Horrible, having a real spoon shoved up my jacksy would hurt less. A serving spoon.

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • I'm the obligatory person who always mentions Brooks bum perches when saddles are being discussed.

Votes: 15 20.5%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rowano

Ok.... So I've read this thread to learn something. Starting with "what is the charge spoon?" I'm guessing the charge spoon is a saddle? But if anyone wants to educate me.... Please feel free!!

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Charge spoon ok for a short commutte, No good for a day in the saddle.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
How can it be great value if it makes your bum ache? Or do you enjoy the pain.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Some people want bum ache, but want it at bargain basement prices.

MikeG

Guru
I did a 250km audax on my Charge Spoon 3 or 4 years ago, in perfect comfort. Now I'm just getting my miles back up again after precisely zero last year, it isn't quite so comfortable. I suspect that saddle comfort correlates well with how much riding you do, and that pros would find something carved out of teak perfectly comfortable enough. Saddle a little uncomfortable? Sit on it for longer.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Suffice to say it involved a trip to A&E and a stay in hospital.
Did he break his coccyx? :eek:

Charge spoon ok for a short commutte, No good for a day in the saddle.

They’re great for shorter rides. Bum ache long rides. Great value still.

They also make a knife and a Ladle
I have 3 x spoons and my wife was forcibly converted to a Ladle!

Spoon on my MTB, perfect. Spoon on my hybrid, perfect. Spoon on my road bike, not quite as good as the other two but still happy at 100 miles and haven't pushed it much further yet.

Funnily enough my hybrid commuter also gets used for 100+ mile rides and even once did 185 miles in a single day. I will admit to getting a bit uncomfortable by the end of the 185 miles, the novelty had definitely worn off. This was probably not the fault of the saddle as I have never even had a grumble at distances of 100 and more previously, I suspect it was more to do with tiredness due to time on the road, distance covered and probably just sitting too heavy on my rear rather than taking some weight on my exhausted legs and arms. I still got on the bike the next day for the ride to the train station and then from Manchester train station back to home and felt ok on the Spoon.

Perhaps I should add, I don't wear cycling shorts or padding so have to say the Spoon is f'in terrific considering this.....

My wife was incredulous after I made her ride on a 'skinny hard' Ladle and she could barely tell she had been on a bike ride after her 1st big ride on it - HERE

Top Bottom