The Charge Spoon question

The Charge Spoon - what do you think?

• Lovely, like having my buttocks cosseted with eider down by angels.

Votes: 41 56.2%
  • Horrible, having a real spoon shoved up my jacksy would hurt less. A serving spoon.

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • I'm the obligatory person who always mentions Brooks bum perches when saddles are being discussed.

Votes: 15 20.5%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Weight shouldn't make any difference to which saddle fits. Your sit bones don't change just the lard around them.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
But the mass thumping down on them changes.

Yes, looking at the underside of the Brand-X Trail it looks like another Spoon clone, and at a nice price too if you don't mind the cheaper appearance of the cover.

MikeG

Guru
Ok for me but not as nice as the Fabric saddles now on the main bikes

Huh? Fabric = Charge. It's the same thing, re-branded. You very soon won't be able to buy Charge saddles, and the Fabric equivalent have jumped in price by £10 or £15 (which is around 50% in some cases). The bonus is that there are some extra saddles in the range, and some of the tackier elements of the Charge (such as staples underneath) disappear in the change-over to Fabric.

So, if you like the Charge Spoon, and you like the price, buy a spare one now whilst you still can, because the one downside of a Charge saddle is that they don't last forever.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
So, if you like the Charge Spoon, and you like the price, buy a spare one now whilst you still can, because the one downside of a Charge saddle is that they don't last forever.
I have one that has done about 19000 miles and has just been swapped to my new bike. OK, it is looking a bit tatty at the nose end where some of the plastic has flaked off but it is otherwise still as functional and comfy as the day I bought it.

Good heads up about the end of production though, I might just buy one for the stock pile, maybe I should get the leather & Ti one?

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I quite like the Charge Bucket, itself a copy of the old Selle Italia Turbo but with funky cloth covers. Alas, they knocked that model on the head, and my last one is getting tatty now.

Huh? Fabric = Charge. It's the same thing, re-branded. You very soon won't be able to buy Charge saddles, and the Fabric equivalent have jumped in price by £10 or £15 (which is around 50% in some cases). The bonus is that there are some extra saddles in the range, and some of the tackier elements of the Charge (such as staples underneath) disappear in the change-over to Fabric.

Based on the Spoon,there are various shapes which are different to the spoon and of course the ALM is a totally different beast.

tommaguzzi

Über Member
B17 standard on my road bike.

some cheapo gell thing on my commute bike.

I had to look up the charge spoon saddle it just looks like regular roadie effort. in my innocence I thought maybe it was a topical thread about a new type of heated saddle.

silly me.

Globalti

Legendary Member
As I wrote upthread, if you suit a Spoon you will also suit a Knife, which is more minimal and lighter but the same shape on top.

JhnBssll

Veteran
Any idea if there's something similar in shape to the spoon but with a cut out? Whist I find them super comfy on most bikes I've found I get numbness where you don't want it when I use one on my turbo bike. I'm currently trialling various other saddles and have found the cut out prevents the problem. Unfortunately I've not found one as comfy as the spoon yet so currently I'm having to choose between comfort and maintaining feeling in my nether wotsits :ohmy: Not an ideal situation :laugh:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Just taken delivery of this pair of beauties....
upload_2019-2-15_13-13-53.png

£30.70 for the pair, inc delivery. Bargain :okay:

Old one is looking a bit tatty after 20,000 miles. Scruffy at the nose but the rest is tip-top and still as comfy as the day it was first bought.
upload_2019-2-15_13-16-7.png

No real need to change it just yet but I reckon they can't keep making these super saddles for ever so I have stocked up, just in case. The new ones need some serious butt polishing :laugh:

Top Bottom