The Cheese Lovers' Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Indeed. Runny enough to nearly fall off the side of a slice of fresh white bread and it's perfect. A glass of red to accompany it - delicious.
Ohhh yeeeesss.... ..I am drooling after reading that.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I really do like cheese but I have had to cut back on it**.
Cheese on toast has to be cheddar or similar so it grills well.
For sarnies I enjoy cheshire but it can be too crumbly. Wensleydale is similar but slices better.
Soft French cheeses for crackers etc.
**I used to enjoy a toast butty with sausages and melted cheddar but the cholesterol made me pack that in. I wonder if I could sneak one in :rolleyes:

vickster

Legendary Member
Cambozola is one of my faves. Non blue Brie ok, but I really don’t like Camembert (esp the smell)

I don’t like Chutney either, other than mango with poppadums!

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Did I chow down on this last night. Yes I did. Wheat crackers are just the best with cheese.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Godminster oak smoked cheddar. Gorgeous. Very strong flavour, but very nice indeed.

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Stilton with any chutney is good. ^_^

Roast beef, stilton and beetroot chutney sandwiches are lush btw... :hungry:

BTW @vickster shop bought chutneys can be truly ghastly. I agree with your dislike of those - either too sweet or too vinegary. I do, however, make my own instead. Comparing the two is like comparing chalk and cheese.

Mango, pineapple and cranberry chutney is lovely, as is gingered yellow plum, nectarine and chilli, and green tomato and red pepper. :blush:

vickster

Legendary Member
Stilton with any chutney is good. ^_^

Roast beef, stilton and beetroot chutney sandwiches are lush btw... :hungry:

BTW @vickster shop bought chutneys can be truly ghastly. I agree with your dislike of those - either too sweet or too vinegary. I do, however, make my own instead. Comparing the two is like comparing chalk and cheese.

Mango, pineapple and cranberry chutney is lovely, as is gingered yellow plum, nectarine and chilli, and green tomato and red pepper. :blush:
I don’t like the texture of the fruit and the pickledness I’m afraid so won’t be convinced!

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
I don’t like the texture of the fruit and the pickledness I’m afraid so won’t be convinced!

That's the thing... A good chutney shouldn't be vinegary or chunky*. It should be thick, spreadable and sweet-sour tangy. And with a spicy kick. I always chuck chilli and ginger in mine as well.

*Beetroot chutney is always chunky unless you grate rather than chop.

Top Bottom