The City of London Police.......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cab

srw said:
1 in 10 is the easy bit. But 1 in 10 of what? I've already explained upthread at least two possible explanations. Which one is it? Or is it something totally different?

It doesn't really matter. 1 in 10 if asked or 1 in 10 if counted?

I'm willing to wager that if you ask, then practically no one red light jumps...

The point is, that there is no way you can spin that stat to show anything other than that a heck of a lot of motorists jump red lights.

Citycyclist

spindrift said:
They have never fined any driver who stops illegally in cycle lanes orblocks cycle boxes ('ASLs') at traffic lights. However they happily ticket more cyclists than any other police force despite being the smallest in the UK.

That's simply not true... they do fine motorists that enter the ASL, I don't know where you get the data to support the word 'never'. I'd suggest it's significantly more likely that you'd get done for entering the ASL in the City than in the rest of London. Not to mention be assured of some form of accident investigation in the event that you came off, unlike the Met they're also less likely to loose the file!

You might also like to consider the volume of tickets in relation to the volume of cyclists...

If you break the law you're gonna get a ticket, live with it.

Top Bottom